THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
7 a side result - Thursday 17th June 2010

The squad for our 7 a side match against XS FC saw regulars Simon Jackson, Terry Moore, Martin Loveday, Tem Adil and Lee King joined by debutant Andy McGovern (no relation to Conor) and rare appearances from Derek and Stuart Dorward. We had not played XS before and they were a young team who spent more time abusing referee Mr Wildgoose than playing football. This played into the hands of our experienced side as we did not react and just got on with the game. We went behind after a mistake by Martin Loveday in the 5th minute but Andy McGovern equalised a minute later with a neat finish. Stuart Dorward was involved in most of our attacks and gave us the lead after 18 minutes converting Andy’s cross but this time it was us who conceded a quick equaliser to make it 2-2 at half time. A brief spell in defence saw a mistake by Stuart lead to another goal conceded but after moving forward again Stuart equalised. A long throw from Jacko was controlled by Andy who finished well to put us ahead again. The game was end to end with Jacko making some good saves and Stuart, in particular, missing a hat full of chances. The game finished in a 4-3 win to us but further abuse of Mr Wildgoose may see our opponents thrown out of the league to deprive us of the points.

Re: 7 a side result - Thursday 17th June 2010

Jus to let you guys know
Ive joined another team for next season, just to see how it goes for a year
So good luck for the season !

*Lau - i signed the registration thing so can you just scribble it out

Good luck Kris.

I hope you get a regular game.

kris spyrou

*Lau - i signed the registration thing so can you just scribble it out
No need for me to do that if the team you are joining are in a different League. (Please note LEAGUE as opposed to 'Division'....some people get confused ! )
You can then still play for us if we are short and your new team do not have a game.

Let me know the name of your new team and I will advise.

There are in the edmonton district league, div 2
They have the crap name of GUNNERS FC, so you are right no problem