THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For Next 7-a-Side Match (Thursday 10th June...10.00.p.m.)

Our next 7-a-side match this coming Thursday is an 8.00.p.m. kick-off against second-placed Emerald Rovers, who usually field ex-Republic Of Ireland U-21 International Niall Ritchie in their line-up and who beat us 9-0 and 9-1 last Summer !

Subject to availability, our squad of 8 for this match will be as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Jim Arrowsmith
Stuart Dorward
Rob Brown
Derek Dorward
Tony King
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo

Please don't forget to bring £5.00 with you,
together with your own shorts, socks, Astroturf boots, shinpads, sock tape & water !

The above players have been picked because none of them (apart from Jacko) have signed the League Multi-Registration Form for next season yet, and this is the last week that I will be at 7-a-side to get them signed up. (Trev will be back from next Thursday onwards and I need to get some work done !).

If any of those players are not available, then any of the following will be chosen as replacements depending on the positions they play in:
Danny Smith...although if he is not committed to signing the Multi-Reg Form yet, then he will not be picked.
Terry Moore
Danny Hagan
Ollie Tedder
Kris Spyrou
Tem Adil
Lee King

The problem with Ollie and Lee though, is that they rely on Danny Hagan & Tem for lifts to the venue.
However, we are currently planning to advertise asap for other new players and then having a training session next Monday (14th June) at the Barrass (although Jacko will want Enfield Playing Fields ?! ).
Trevor will probably be too busy to attend that, but I will be there and can sign up Ollie, Lee and other new players then.
Italy v. Paraguay is the game you will be missing by the way.
More news on this will be announced later in the week.

Re: Squad For Next 7-a-Side Match (Thursday 10th June...10.00.p.m.)

I'm fine for Thursday.

available if needed. olie can drive so he could come by himself

Danny Hagan
available if needed. olie can drive so he could come by himself

Can Olie go in goal this Thursday instead of Jacko ?

available if needed..

yh i can come if u need someone and i wanna sign up if poss

In addition to Jacko (who stated his unavailability on another thread), Stuart and Del are both working late on Thursday night this week and I cannot get in touch with Tony King or Kizza.
Rob is available though, and Jim has also confirmed his availability.

I have called up Danny Smith into the squad to replace Stuart and I would like to try out Ollie, sorry Olie in goal (if he can make his own way there if necessary).
If Lee King can get there of his own accord for an 8.00.k.o. without having to rely on Tem for a lift, then he can replace Del in the squad.

I will give Tony King & Kizza until midnight tonight to get in touch and I will then make a decision tomorrow (Wednesday) on the rest of the squad if one or both of those two are not playing.

I have still heard nothing from Tony King or Kizza, so the squad is now as follows:
Olie Tedder (GK)
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
Jim Arrowsmith
Rob Brown
Danny Hagan
Danny Smith
Lee King
(If he can make his own way there)

If Olie and Lee could bring a passport photo with them, I will sign them up for next season.
Barney, Jim, Rob & Smithy also need to sign the League Multi-Registration Form.

If Tem and Kris are wondering why they have been left out and Terry and Danny Hagan have been put in, it's because we are playing a very good side who beat us 9-0 and 9-1 last Summer. It would be silly not to field the strongest side we have available.

Re: Squad For Next 7-a-Side Match (Thursday 10th June...8.00.p.m.)

Just noticed that the title of this thread has been saying a 10.00.p.m. kick-off.
It is of course an 8.00.p.m. kick-off !!!

Re: Squad For Next 7-a-Side Match (Thursday 10th June...8.00.p.m.)

Danny Smith has just dropped out due to work commitments.

I am tempted to just use the remaining 'bare seven' for the whole 50 minutes with me as sub to come on only if anybody gets injured or seriously knackered...especially as two players appear to have left the club in the past couple of days because of my style of 'non-Management'.
It will save me having to make substitutions and having to put an arm round players I am taking off and trying to motivate players I am bringing on.

Any chance we can have a 'proper' Manager please ?
I should not be doing that job !!!