THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For Next 7-a-Side Match (Thursday 3rd June...9.00.p.m.)

Our next 7-a-side match this coming Thursday is another 9.00.p.m. kick-off against League leaders Wood Green Old Boys, who have won all four of their matches so far and scored an average of over 10 goals a game !!!.

I have therefore picked our strongest (and a more experienced) squad of 8 for this match as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
Martin Loveday
Jim Arrowsmith
Danny Hagan
Danny Smith

& hopefully one of Danny Hagan's mates who might be interested in joining us. (A quality forward).
If not, then a mate of Loveday's who also might join us.
Kizza (and a mate of his) are also a possibility.

Please confirm your availability here.

Tem, Kris & Lee King will all be back in the squad either next week or the week after.
Tony King will also be given a game as soon as he has settled down in his new job.
Signing the League Multi-Registration Form for next season is another reason why I am changing the squad each week at the moment (as I mentioned last week).

Once again, don't forget to bring £5.00 with you,
together with your own shorts, socks, Astroturf boots, shinpads, sock tape & water !

Re: Squad For Next 7-a-Side Match (Thursday 3rd June...9.00.p.m.)

Jim has had to drop out due to family commitments.
Is Rob Brown available for this one ?

I am available but my mate cannot play this week, he is keen for the week after though.

Sorry, I would have done as the kick off time is perfect for me but I have a works meeting/drinks from 6pm that night.

I just tried texting Kizza but there is something wrong with his phone (again).
I have left a message on Facebook for him.

Hi Guys,

I'm struggling to play in this one, but as you have 2 good defenders in Loveday and Terry, you should be OK.

Cheers
Barney

Avaiable, but as for those players u emailed me about - there's no chance. I asked them this weekend.

I'm in

Terry Moore has texted to say that he is o.k. to play, but we only have four players at the moment. (Jacko, Terry, Loveday & Danny Hagan).

I will give others (e.g. Danny Smith, Kizza & mate and Tony King) until 5.00.p.m. tomorrow (Wednesday) to get in touch.
If they don't, then Tem, Kris, Lee King & Ollie Tedder can play instead...that's if they have not already planned to do something else.

Stuart, Conor & Terry Brown are all currently on holiday (or going on holiday on Friday) in case anybody was wondering, although I think Conor is still injured anyway.

Seeing as we have gone past your 5pm deadline and nothing has been said, olie is available to play with passport photos

Danny Hagan
Seeing as we have gone past your 5pm deadline and nothing has been said, olie is available to play with passport photos
Agreed.
I will chase up others to play later this evening. Really busy at the moment.
I will play if necessary.

By the way...I always thought 'Olie' was spelt with two 'l's
...or is he Spanish or something ?

available if needed..

yeah Olie is spelt with one L, he is of spanish decent, he is second cousins with ex Spain and Barcelona attacking midfielder Luis Enrique. That explains hes amazing ability on the pitch.

O.K., we now have a squad of 7, which is:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Terry Moore
Martin Loveday
Tem Adil
Danny Hagan
Danny Smith

Ollie 'Ole' Tedder
These players have all confirmed their availability.

I also texted Tony King and Derek Dorward. Del texted back to say he is on holiday, but is available to play more-or-less every Thursday after that if needed. Tony has not replied, and neither has Kizza to the Facebook message I sent him.

The first player out of Tony King, Kizza, Kris, Lee King & Barney (who seemed to be saying he would play if we were short ?) to come on here (or text me) gets the 8th place in the squad...ahead of me !
I will be there with my kit on anyway, and if we are losing 10-0 like everybody else has to this lot and I see players giving up or arguing with each other, then I will be coming on as a substitute !!!...with a risk of getting myself sent off of course.

Available to draw or beat this team !

kris spyrou
Available to draw or beat this team !
O.K. You're in.

As I've told Lol, I'm not 100% fit tonight after stepping on a nail at work... so if anyone wants in ahead of me tonight they are welcome. I'll be there regardless though.