THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For Next 7-a-Side Match (Thursday 27th May...9.00.p.m.)

Our next 7-a-side match this coming Thursday is a 9.00.p.m. kick-off against Locomotive Southgate.
We had two very close matches against them last Summer and the current League Table suggests the same again this time.

The squad of 8 is as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore (If fit)
Kris Spyrou
Tem Adil
Jim Arrowsmith
Lee King
Foysol Ahmed

Please confirm your availability here.

Danny Hagan is injured (again) and Danny Smith is away this week.
Trevor is now on holiday in Cyprus for the next two Thursdays and then missing the game after that for some reason (I can't remember why), so I will be 'Manager' for the next three weeks....a job I hate of course, but nobody else will do it.
I have the kit (shirts only) and will bring that with me.
Players must still bring their own shorts, socks, Astroturf boots, shinpads, sock tape & water !

I assume Tem now has Lee King's mobile number and can arrange to give him a lift again ?
I will chase up Jim & Foysol (as they don't post on here).

The following players are also available (as far as I know) and will be called up if anybody drops out:
Derek Dorward
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Mates of Kris Spyrou's
Mates of Kizza's

Loveday has also said he will play if we are short, but to give other players a chance this week.

If anybody turns up late, then I will play (in defence alongside Barney).

I now have the Waltham Sunday League Multi-Registration Form for next season in my possession and the players in the squad for this match must sign that on Thursday night...assuming they want to play 11-a-side for us next season. If Lee King wants to sign up, he will have to give me a passport-size photo, as will Derek Dorward if he plays.

The following Thursday (3rd June), we are playing Wood Green Old Boys, who are by far the best side in the League.
For that game, I would like Stuart Dorward, Danny Hagan (if fit), Danny Smith, Martin Loveday, Rob Brown & Terry Brown to play (if they are available) instead of Tem, Kris, Lee, Jim & Foysol. They can then sign the League Multi-Registration Form.
If Conor can also make arrangements to play (as a one-off in order to sign the form), that would be excellent.

On the 10th June, I will be looking to give other players a game who have not signed the Multi-Registration Form (e.g. Tony King, Daley, Kizza, Del & any new players who might want to sign up).
After that, it will be back to playing more of a regular team.
I have to do this as I am NOT driving all over London or to places like Radlett and Leigh-On-Sea to sign players up.

Re: Squad For Next 7-a-Side Match (Thursday 27th May...9.00.p.m.)

Sorry boys, Sarah is on lates this week, so i'll have to drop out.

I'm fine to play - will see you then.

on hols tmrw - fly back on 3rd in the evening so wont be around

Available
aint we got no keeper

Will be there

kris spyrou
Available
aint we got no keeper
It doesn't look like it at the moment.
Apparently Ollie Tedder is a keeper but he won't be coming as Danny Hagan isn't playing.
I have e-mailed Loveday to see if he will go in goal, but he has not replied.

I have also texted Foysol but had no reply and I don't have Lee King's number.

Also, Terry Moore is still injured, although he said he would have a fitness test this evening (I think ?) and let us know.

So at the moment we only have 5 players, namely Barney, Jim, Kris, Tem & me (in goal).

Kris, if you and Tem can find another 4 players between you (including a keeper) who are interested in playing 11-a-side for us next season, can pay a fiver each on the night (very important !!!), can turn up before the scheduled 9.00.p.m. kick-off and have their own Astroturf boots, shinpads, shorts & socks, then they can play ahead of Terry, Foysol, Lee (unless you contact him yourself as one of the 4) and obviously myself.
As I have said before, I am too busy at this time of year to chase players up myself after initially naming the squad, so I need you all to help me out in finding replacements when people drop out or can't make a decision as to whether they are playing or not until the day of the match.

Also, a warning that if anybody brings a mate along who does not pay £5.00 on the night, then that player will have to give me £10.00.
I am not paying the £36 to the bloke behind the bar out of my own money just so we can field a team.

I'm available if needed

Loveday is playing, but not in goal.

I said I would rather not go in goal, that is not the same as will not go in goal if the situation requires, meaning that if Tim of some other keeper does not emerge then yes i will go in goal, but would rather have a run out on pitch.

Loveday
I said I would rather not go in goal, that is not the same as will not go in goal if the situation requires, meaning that if Tim of some other keeper does not emerge then yes i will go in goal, but would rather have a run out on pitch.
I put it that way because it would give somebody who is better as a keeper than an outfield player (e.g. Tim, Darryl, Oz or whoever) a kick up the arse to play.
They probably won't bother now.

if you are stuggling i will play. I was advised not to play for a while and let my knee fully recover but last week was my first bit of exercise/run out for a month and a bit. let me know.

I think at the moment then, we need to wait until tomorrow to hear from Terry Moore as to how his fitness test went, and we also need Kris and Tem to let us know if they have got in touch with Lee King and Foysol and whether they are playing or not. (Kris asked me for Foysol's number, but maybe that was to book driving lessons !? )

I would say if Foysol is not playing, then Tony King plays, if Terry Moore isn't playing, then Loveday plays in defence with Barney, and if Lee King isn't playing, then Danny Hagan can play (if he wants).
I would rather have Hagan playing against Wood Green Old Boys the following week though.

Code for posting this: ARGH !!!
(Not quite that bad yet is it ? )

Lee King's coming with me. Will give Oz a bell later to see if he's up for going in goal.

your the boss, im available as and when you need me

Foysol has just texted to say that he can't play this week, so Tony King can therefore replace him in the squad.

Lol, I'm willing to play but as this is my changeover week and I start my new job on Tuesday, I'm more than willing to drop out if there are players wanted to play, as I have a lot on.

I made myself available as it seemed as though you were struggling for players.

i don't mind either way but if people are keen, i'll step aside this week.

quote]I put it that way because it would give somebody who is better as a keeper than an outfield player (e.g. Tim, Darryl, Oz or whoever) a kick up the arse to play.
They probably won't bother now. [/quote]

I have made myself available to help out already this season, admittedly not ot go in goal, but i have had no reply as to wether you need me or not after i have offered to help out. I do not need a kick up the arse! That maybe why i won't bother now and not your original quote! lol

As it happens, i can't make it this week to play.

Oz said he'll play this week, so there's a keeper sorted.

Terry Moore says he will play if we are short, but he is still carrying an injury.
The same applies to Danny Hagan...presumably ?

I will leave Terry out this week, but I have no idea whether to put Danny Hagan or Tony King in. I'll take a gamble and put Hagan in for the time being, but I have not got time to make any more decisions, so if anybody else drops out now, you will have to sort things out amongst yourselves...or we just phone people 5 minutes before the kick-off when we all get there !?

The squad of 8 is now as follows:
Ozel Ozerman (GK)
Alan Barnard
Martin Loveday
Jim Arrowsmith
Tem Adil
Lee King
Kris Spyrou
Danny Hagan

Is that o.k. ?

I'm there

I have taken a knock playing 5 a side at work so i have asked Terry Moore to cover for me and he has said that he will be there.

I've got ollie tedder coming. So if terry can't make it...

Yeah, well don't expect Lol to be there, he'll be too busy strumming off while reading 'From Jazz-Funk & Fusion to Acid Jazz'! fuck me, this country...........

I need to know between now and 6pm if olie is needed as he wants to play. And terry is carrying a knock

Danny Hagan
I need to know between now and 6pm if olie is needed as he wants to play. And terry is carrying a knock
Terry can't post on here though. You will have to phone or e-mail him.
Text me if you don't have those details.

Terry just rang me and said he would rather olie play as he is only at 50% fitness. So olie will come in his place.

Danny Hagan
Terry just rang me and said he would rather olie play as he is only at 50% fitness. So olie will come in his place.
Get Ollie to bring a passport photo with him and he can sign up for next season.

Ill ask him lol but I don't think he will as he is close to signing a deal with sampdoria