THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For Next 7-a-Side Match (Thursday 20th May...7.00.p.m.)

Our next 7-a-side match is a 7.00.p.m. kick-off.

I will be leaving Daley and Lee King out of the squad for that, as if they can't get there on time for a 9.00.p.m. kick-off, then they have got no chance of being there in time for this one ! I'm sorry, but two weeks in a row turning up after the kick-off is not good enough.

Can Danny Hagan please let us know if he is going to be fit enough to play this coming Thursday and whether he can bring 'Mr.Mustard' and any other quality players with him ?
We lost 10-3 to this lot last Summer and we don't want to be humiliated like that again.

Barney has already told me he is unavailable, so I want Terry Moore back in to replace him if possible.

If anybody else can't play this Thursday because it is a 7.00.p.m. kick-off, please let us know asap. That applies to players who were in the squad for the last match and those who were not but have been asking to play (e.g. Foysol, Tony King, Kizza & mates, Kris Spyrou's mates).

I would like to name a squad of 9 by Monday evening.
If we have more than that available, I will 'shuffle the pack' and give priority to new players and those who have not had a run-out yet (depending on the positions they play in of course).

Re: Squad For Next 7-a-Side Match (Thursday 20th May...7.00.p.m.)

Laurence

I will be leaving Daley and Lee King out of the squad for that, as if they can't get there on time for a 9.00.p.m. kick-off, then they have got no chance of being there in time for this one ! I'm sorry, but two weeks in a row turning up after the kick-off is not good enough.

To be honest lau at least they are bothering to attend - dont really think its necessary to leave them out on being late !

I am availale tho

In fairness I think Lee King rode on his bike all the way from Edmonton to get there... I can give them a lift next week to if need be.

Available if needed.

Sorry, but I don't agree.

If players don't drive, then they should be leaving earlier to make sure they make it in time.
If they can't do that, then they should be honest with us and drop out of the squad.
Do they turn up late for work every day just because they don't drive ?

Fair enough for the first week from Lee's point of view as he didn't know anyone and had to wait for Daley at Oakwood Station, but not being there for a 9.00. kick-off the following week is not good enough.
If that was Daley's fault (again), then he needs to explain himself.

I know it sounds harsh, but we must have more discipline. These are competitive matches we are playing in, not a kickabout over the park where it doesn't matter if you stroll over 'a bit late' and join in when you get there.

You are all 'lucky' that we don't force you to turn up at 9.30.a.m. on Sunday mornings like every other club in Division One does !

I'm not too sure on my injury yet, its taking longer to shake off than i thought...i can give you a definate answer on tuesday.

As for Mr Mustard he has broke his toe so he wont be playing.

im there on thurs i think we should start naming 8 committed players every week because we wanna win this 7 aside but u dont get long enough on the pitch.

I will be fit for this week. My mate olie will play too if needed.

I'm in

smithy
im there on thurs i think we should start naming 8 committed players every week because we wanna win this 7 aside but u dont get long enough on the pitch.
I tend to agree with that, so here's a squad of 8 for this Thursday's match:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Terry Moore
Martin Loveday
Tem Adil
Danny Smith
Danny Hagan
Kris Spyrou
& a forward !

The last one is where I am stuck. I would give Foysol a game, as he has been asking and he doesn't often let us down at the last minute.

I have left out the following players who are supposedly available but...:
Ollie Tedder...Not a forward ?
Tony King...Busy at work starting a new job soon
Derek Dorward...Wasn't fit enough last week ?
Daniel Daley...Told Trev last week that he wasn't enjoying his football !?
Lee King...No point naming him if we are leaving Daley out
Mate of Loveday's from work...Is he a forward ?
Pas Spyrou (Kris's brother)...Is he a forward ?
Mates of Kris's...Any of them a forward ?

I am now too busy for the rest of the week (filming all-day Tournaments) to make any further decisions if anybody drops out, so Trev and Loveday will have to sort things out from here on in.
I won't be there this Thursday as I am at the League AGM. Trev will be at 7-a-side though. Loveday has the kit (as far as I know ?).

Please also remember to bring your own shorts, socks, shinpads, Astroturf Boots, water & sock tape this week !!!

I am available my mate can play as a forward but he will be on holiday this week, he is definately keen though.

Olie was like patrick kluivert in his day but we can easily ay him where he is comfortable and put someone like smithy or myself who could do a job up top

Danny Hagan
Olie was like patrick kluivert in his day but we can easily ay him where he is comfortable and put someone like smithy or myself who could do a job up top
O.K., I think we'll get Ollie along this Thursday and we'll contact Foysol if anybody drops out.

I don't want anybody volunteering to drop out though (e.g. Loveday & Terry Moore !).

So we've got a team of 7 or wat?

Lee King phoned and apologised for being late last week. He cycled to the station and was late because he waited for Daley.
He has arranged for Tem to give him a lift this week so he will not be late.
I have agreed that he can play as we only have a squad of 8 including Terry who is doubtful.

Fair play to Lee, FOR making the effort to make a call and explain.

Yup I agree, well done Juan.....

Yep, I second that. I thought it was premature to cut him in the first place seeing as we are trying to attract new players and encouraging others to stay!

TK
Yep, I second that. I thought it was premature to cut him in the first place seeing as we are trying to attract new players and encouraging others to stay!
Sorry then. My mistake...again !

We fielded a squad of 8 for the 7 a side match against Middlesex United to give players more playing time with just the one substitute. Tem Adil gave us an early lead converting Danny Smith’s pass. Although Simon Jackson had to make several saves we also had plenty of chances in the first half. We doubled our lead when Lee King finished a superb move involving Danny Smith, Tem Adil and Danny Hagan after 19 minutes. Unfortunately, a loss of concentration just a minute later allowed Middlesex to pull a goal back. Middlesex equalised four minutes into the second half when Jacko’s throw out was intercepted but Kris Spyrou scored an excellent solo goal which looked like it would be the winner. However, more poor defending led to another equaliser and the game finished 3-3 which was a result neither team were happy with.