THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For Next 7-a-Side Match (Thursday 13th May...9.00.p.m.)

Our next match this coming Thursday (against All Blacks) is now a 9.00.p.m. kick-off.

For the time being, I will name the same 9 who played last Thursday...these being:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
Martin Loveday
Jim Arrowsmith
Danny Smith
Kris Spyrou
Daniel Daley
Lee King

Foysol Ahmed and Tem Adil will be the first players on standby to come in if anybody drops out as they have both got in touch during the past few days to say they are available.
Danny Hagan & Kizza are both still injured, and I have not heard from anybody else lately, although Kris & Smithy both have players they can bring along.

For those that didn't know (as I have not revealed this publicly up until now), we had been discussing a possible 'merger' with McKenzie Rangers for next season due to a number of our older players retiring or only making themselves available now and again because of increasing work & family commitments, but McKenzies have since decided to carry on instead of joining us.
This means that (as usual) we will not have anywhere to train during the season, as we cannot get a floodlit Astroturf at a time (i.e. 7.30-9.00.p.m.) and on a day (i.e. Thursday) that is convenient. They are all booked up by established clubs on long-term block bookings everywhere. McKenzie Rangers use the Southgate Hockey Centre for training on Thursday nights between 7.30-9.00.p.m., so the plan was to join in with them, but that will not happen now.
The 7-a-side League is therefore our only opportunity to look at new players, so in general, if any of the squad of 9 I have picked for this game do not want to play for us next season at 11-a-side, then they should be replaced if we have others available who do want to play next season on a regular basis.

Re: Squad For Next 7-a-Side Match (Thursday 13th May...9.00.p.m.)

Available

Available.

IN

I'm ok to play.

available if needed!

Tem
available if needed!
Terry Moore has a cold and doesn't mind dropping out, so he says you can now take his place.

Terry will play if others drop out and we are short on the day.

Noted, will be there.

We have six players at the moment, these being Jacko (GK), Barney, Loveday, Kris, Tem and Danny Smith (who now says he is not 100% leaving us next season and will wait a bit to see how things pan out).

I am guessing that Jim will not want to play. He was only available last week as he was visiting his Mum in Enfield (he lives in Radlett) and he already plays on Monday nights for his own team.
I have e-mailed him to find out if that is the case (as he can't post on here from work). I will text Foysol to play if Jim is not.

I have not heard from Daley.
He needs to tell us whether himself and Lee King intend playing for us next season now that the 'merger' with McKenzie Rangers is off. If they are not and are joining McKenzies instead, then we will use two other players for this match who do want to play next season...if we can find anybody at such short notice.

Just to let everybody know that I have asked Loveday, Barney, Terry Moore & Tony King to form a new Management Committee for this season alongside myself and Trev. Stuart and Conor have agreed to step down (and become Life Vice-Presidents), as we must have people running the club who are going to be there week-in, week-out and can go training if we manage to find somewhere.
Loveday is the only one to reply so far as the others are presumably too busy, but we have both already started looking at ways to attract Premier/Division One-quality players to the club for next season and we are confident that we will do so.
In fact, it could even end up with us being a lot stronger than we were last season, so if players start leaving now and committing themselves elsewhere, they could be making a big mistake.

Another thing is that I have got the kit, but I will not be there tomorrow night as I am at a League meeting.

Trev was supposed to come round and get it but is presumably too busy. I haven't spoken to him for well over a week.

I will be in this evening (Wednesday) if anybody wants to come round and pick up the shirts, etc.

Hi Mate - I'll be round to pick them up at about 7pm if that's ok.

Cheers
Barney

Barney
Hi Mate - I'll be round to pick them up at about 7pm if that's ok.

Cheers
Barney

That's fine by me.

If Trev says he is coming round before then, I'll text you.
Trev is there tomorrow night as Manager.

Again, if you're absolutley desperate i can make this Thursday. I will be available until 6pm Thursday so let me know!!

Daley and Lee King are playing.

I am still waiting to hear from Jim. Is he working abroad again ?

I'm ready, willing and able. 2 years since i kicked a ball so not so sure about the able.

Laurence
Another thing is that I have got the kit, but I will not be there tomorrow night as I am at a League meeting.

Trev was supposed to come round and get it but is presumably too busy. I haven't spoken to him for well over a week.

I will be in this evening (Wednesday) if anybody wants to come round and pick up the shirts, etc.

Thanks to Barney for collecting the kit.

I have a meeting with a client in Edmonton on Thursday afternoon and was planning on collecting the kit afterwards as it is a 9 pm kick off. I thought I had told Laurence but another negative presumption has caused an unnecesary panic.

Available if needed

Jim has now confirmed that he is definitely not available for this match, so we have a squad of 8 at the moment, which is as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Martin Loveday
Tem Adil
Danny Smith
Kris Spyrou
Daniel Daley
Lee King

We also have the following players available if needed:
Derek Dorward
Tony King
Foysol Ahmed
Terry Moore
A couple of mates of Kris Spyrou's.

As Trev is Manager tomorrow night and I won't be there, it is up to him to let one of them know if he wants a squad of 9.

Barney has come round and collected the kit, a ball and the subs tin from last week, but he was on his bike and couldn't carry the medical kit as well.
If Trev wants the medical kit, he will have to come round tomorrow night and pick it up before the match.

Although it is a 9.00.p.m. kick-off, I won't be able to come along after the League Meeting and watch the Second Half/have a drink as I have got to update the League Tables on the League Website with these decisions as soon as I get home...a mammoth task !

Here is the unofficial Final Division One Table in advance though !

Preference should be given to those who are signing up next season so Tony King should play.

Please confirm because others are available.

I will pick up the medical kit tomorrow.

I just received an e-mail from Tony saying that he will play if we are short but he is happy for someone else to play.

Can Del confirm if he wants to make his comeback otherwise I will phone Foysol tomorrow.

i will be there

Darryl
Again, if you're absolutley desperate i can make this Thursday. I will be available until 6pm Thursday so let me know!!

That's a NO then. lol

After a week of discussion about next season we had no problem finding a squad of 9 for our 7 a side match against All Blacks. The problems started when Derek Dorward arrived unaware that he needed shorts and socks, Danny Smith had lost his shin pads and Daniel Daley and Lee King arrived after the kick off and Daley also had no shin pads. Fortunately, Jacko and Loveday had spares and we were able to field our full squad. We started poorly and were 2-0 down after 10 minutes with both goals coming from defensive errors. Danny Smith pulled one back with a direct free kick before half time. In the second half we looked the better side and Alan Barnard equalised with a long range shot. Unfortunately, a poor pass by Danny Smith set up a clear chance for All Blacks to regain the lead which they did. We piled on the pressure in search of an equaliser but despite Alan Barnard hitting the bar and shots from everyone including goalkeeper Simon Jackson in the last minute the game finished in a 3-2 defeat.