THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
7-a-Side Result - Thursday 6th May

I am not going to have time to update the website for several weeks due to filming commitments, so I will put all results and reports on here instead for the time being.

In our first 7-a-side League match of the Summer earlier tonight, we got off to a great start with a 9-1 victory against a very poor North London side.
Manager Trevor Hughes had a hospital appointment, so I had to take over as 'Manager' for the night. Thankfully we fielded a strong squad of 9 with Jacko in goal, Barney & Terry Moore at the back, Kris, Smithy and Jim in midfield and Loveday up front, as Daley and his mate Lee King (an 18-year-old midfielder) were both late for the kick-off due to Daley being stuck on a train. Smithy's mate Warren had to drop out at the last minute as his car broke down on the A10.

North London actually took the lead after just 4 minutes with a good finish but their level of fitness was very poor and we dominated after that. Terry Moore, Smithy and Daley put us 3-1 up at Half-Time and we scored a further six in the Second Half through Barney, Loveday (2), Smithy (2 more) and Lee King.

Re: 7-a-Side Result - Thursday 6th May

The squad for our next match next Thursday (an 8.30.p.m. kick-off this time) will be announced on here on Monday afternoon/evening...after I have got home from filming at Stamford Bridge in the morning !

Just had an e-mail from the Southgate Hockey Centre saying that another team has now been added to the Thursday Night League and that the kick-off times will now be 7.00., 8.00. & 9.00.p.m. instead of 7.30 & 8.30.p.m. from this coming Thursday night onwards.

The fixtures will be re-done on Monday, so we will know by Tuesday morning who we are now playing on Thursday and at what time.

Available this thursday, next year
Lau do you want me try and get a few players from youth league . . there are few good players to see if they are interested

kris spyrou
Lau do you want me try and get a few players from youth league . . there are few good players to see if they are interested
I am having a think about this at the moment...together with the squad for forthcoming 7-a-side matches.

I will try and make some 'announcements' later on in the week about what direction we are going to take for next season. Just need to e-mail a few people first.