THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Double-Header Home to Cheshunt Corinthians (18th April)

The squad (of 17) for our Double-Header against Cheshunt Corinthians this coming Sunday is as follows:
Darryl Johnson (GK)
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Martin Loveday
Tony King
Rob Brown
Terry Brown
Danny Smith
Kris Spyrou
Jim Arrowsmith
Steve Cokell
Stuart Dorward
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Daniel Daley
Jamile Little
Clark Williams
Jamie Martin

Conor McGovern, Danny Hagan & Terry Moore are all unavailable and we haven't heard from Paul Woolston for ages.

Please note that this Double-Header is now being played at Hazelwood and not at Waltham Cross Playing Fields. I will correct that on the Fixtures page later.
Loveday is on the opening-up/nets rota...if he could please confirm.

By the way, how annoying is it that Trev predicted Spurs 0 Portsmouth 2 !!!
...albeit at Full-Time, not Extra-Time though, so I don't think Loveday gave him any points for that in the Prediction League ?

Re: Squad for Double-Header Home to Cheshunt Corinthians (18th April)

AvAILAaBLE

Available

Laurence

By the way, how annoying is it that Trev predicted Spurs 0 Portsmouth 2 !!!
...albeit at Full-Time, not Extra-Time though, so I don't think Loveday gave him any points for that in the Prediction League ?

I actually predicted a draw at 90 minutes. I was expecting Portsmouth to win on penalties with Spurs knackered after extra time.
The consolation for Spurs is that there is an extra place available in the Europa league because Portsmouth are in administration.

Available.

available.....shut it Trev

Available

Available

Apologies but i am now unavailable for this game as i have to work.

No problem me doing the opening-up job and putting the nets up on my own. If I haven't got the nets finished by about 10 past 10, then the players can finish the job between them.
If somebody wants to volunteer to get there just after 9.00.a.m. to help me though, that's fine.

I will panic tomorrow (Thursday) about the squad and whether we will have to non-fulfil the fixture(s).
It would help if Jim, Rob, Smithy, Terry Brown, Clark & Daley could all confirm their availability on here today...unless they have texted Trev already ?

At the moment, the only players we have available are:
Darryl, Barney, Stuart, Kris, Steve Cokell & Tony King, plus Jamile Little, Kizza and (I think ?) Jacko, who all confirmed last Sunday by texting Trev.
Kizza may have to work at the last minute though, as is the case every Sunday.

Cheshunt Corinthians have told me they will be fielding a full-strength side, so this is a game (or two) where we will most definitely be playing 'just for fun', whether I like it or not !
It might be an idea if I don't film the matches and have a run-out myself.

Will EVERYONE hurry up and confirm your availablity for fook sake!

Available

some bad news....have pulled a muscle in my calf....dont think its major but can only rate myself as 50/50. will play through the 'pain barrier' if i feel i can

The current situation at 4.30.p.m. Thursday afternoon is that we have only 11 'definite' players to start the first match, and some of them have a nasty habit of dropping out at the last minute. The 11 includes two goalkeepers and is as follows:
Darryl Johnson (GK)
Simon Jackson (GK/CF ?)
Alan Barnard (SW)
Jamile Little (CH)
Rob Brown (CH)
Kris Spyrou (RM)
Terry Brown (CM)
Danny Smith (CM)
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo (LM)
Tony King (Attacking CM ?)
Steve Cokell (CF)

Other possibilities at the moment are Daley (who is not replying to text messages), Stuart (Playing through the pain barrier) & Jamie Martin (who Rob says he will ask).

Jim Arrowsmith can only play in the second match due to family commitments.

Those who are definitely NOT playing are Conor (Injured), Danny Hagan (Away), Terry Moore (Away), Loveday (Working), Clark (Babysitting) & Wooly (Babysitting).

I therefore texted Warmers, Danny Green & Scott (without asking Trev !), as no way are we going to play against Cheshunt Corinthians with a bare eleven (again)...as far as I am concerned !
However, Warmers cannot play as he is joining the Fire Brigade, Danny Green is working (with Loveday), and Scott has not replied.

If Daley, Jamie Martin and Scott have not confirmed their availability by 9.00.a.m. tomorrow (Friday) morning, then I will be texting Gavin Mardell, Peter Murphy, Tem Adil, Robert Jackson (via Tem) and Foysol Ahmed to get them to play.
If we end up with about 18-20 players for the first match, then the regulars will have to sit that one out (in my opinion) and play in the second match only.
The non-regulars who we have chased up to play can then go home (if they want) after playing 60 minutes in the first match. Hopefully 2 or 3 of them will be prepared to stay and go sub.

That's the way I see it.

Available

I'll do the opening up job.

TK
I'll do the opening up job.
Thanks Tony.

Terry Moore is now available as his flight to New York has been cancelled !

As Daley has now also confirmed his availability, we have 12 definites for the first match (or 13 if you include a sub keeper).
That does not include Stuart or Jamie Martin, so if either of those two can play, then that's a bonus.

Trev wants to be 'positive' and take it that Stuart & Jamie are both going to be available and that we will have a squad of 15 for the first match (including two keepers), rather than calling up anybody else just in case (such as Gavin Mardell...who is available according to Barney).
Because of that, I predict we will end up with a bare eleven for the first match because four players will drop out on Saturday night/Sunday morning with work commitments, injuries and illnesses (as usual) and that will be too late for Gavin to play as a replacement...but then I predicted Spurs 4 Portsmouth 0 and Spurs 0 Arsenal 5, so I was well wrong there !

By the way, Scott texted me and he is 'not about' this weekend.

If I was a betting man, I'd only give you 4/6 that Jamie will turn up. As it stands now, I haven't been able to get hold of him, so I would suggest that Gavin is called up. If we then get Jamie, that will be a bonus.

One brother is the most negative bloke in the world and one is the most positive! There's a balance in there somewhere!!!

You are obviously not a betting man - 4/6 is odds on!
Arsenal are 25/1 to win the league and even I think that is more likely than Jamie playing.

Jacko has dropped out as he is stranded in Cyprus until Thursday.

If anybody else drops out today or this evening, I won't be able to do anything about it due to work commitments.

Also, I have just had it confirmed that we are playing Enfield Royals next Sunday (25th April) at Enfield Playing Fields.
...another game that Stuart will be missing !

Laurence
I predict we will end up with a bare eleven for the first match because four players will drop out on Saturday night/Sunday morning.
How right I was !