THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Remaining Fixtures

After our Double-Header against Northmet (Riverside) this coming Sunday, we will have four matches left this season.
These are a Double-Header against Cheshunt Corinthians and two normal 90-minute matches, one Away to Cheshunt (Sunday) and the other at Home to Enfield Royals.

I have tried asking the League Fixture Secretary as to when these games might take place, but he really can't answer that at the moment as he is still having to arrange things on a week-to-week basis...and of course all other clubs are asking the same thing.

Just to make you all aware of some of the possibilities though...
Firstly, the last date on our permit for using Hazelwood is Sunday 11th April (i.e. the week after next), although St. Mary's permit runs out on the 18th, so it is possible that they could be given a Home game on the 11th and we play there on the 18th. (We have switched round like that many a time in the past). It all depends on who we both have left to play and those particular teams' backlog situations.

It is quite possible though, that we will be asked to play both Enfield Royals and Cheshunt (Sunday) in midweek games on Wednesday 7th April (when there is a train strike) and on Wednesday 14th April (Spurs v. Arsenal !).
In addition to that, we could well be playing Cheshunt Corinthians (Double-Header) on Sunday 11th April...when Danny Hagan & others ? will be going to Wembley to watch Spurs v. Portsmouth in the F.A. Cup Semi-Final.

I have told the League Fixture Secretary that we may well have to 'non-fulfil' these matches if they take place on those dates, and he has said that's unavoidable and there is nothing he can do about that.
For midweek non-fulfilments, we will not get fined, but we will get fined 'massively' if we non-fulfil on Sunday 11th.

If any players are definitely going to be unavailable on those dates, please let us know now so that we can start chasing up other players to play as soon as these fixtures are confirmed.

Re: Remaining Fixtures

I cannot do the wednesday 14th April as i am working in Leeds and will not be back in time.
i believe i am available for the 11th but may be hungover..... Nothing new there then....

def not around on the 11th...client entertaining at Wembley....50/50 for the 14th

I'm going to a wedding on the 11th and watching Arsenal piss over Spurs on the 14th.

Rob
I'm going to a wedding on the 11th and watching Arsenal piss over Spurs on the 14th.

you still pissed from the w/e???

I cant do the 14th as we will be beating up them greek turkish filthy scum wanky no good smelly scum bastards sorry

not available on the weekend of the 11th im going up to liverpool for a session, large style.

Not available this Sunday or the following Sunday but fine after that

Panic over regarding having to play in midweek next week while the rail strike is on, as I have just had the fixtures through and Enfield Royals and Cheshunt (Sunday) have other games arranged from their backlog.

For Sunday 11th April, we are already missing Stuart, Danny Hagan, Jim & Rob, while Loveday will be pissed.
Not looking good.

i got my dates wrong lol, I wont be available on the weekend of the 18th. so im available on the 11th

Not Available on the 11th away in Cyprus

We are Away to Cheshunt (Sunday) on Sunday 11th April (which Stuart, Rob, Jim & Jacko are all missing, while Loveday will be 'pissed').

We are not having to play on Wednesday 14th April (when Spurs are at Home to Arsenal), although six matches have been arranged. I can see a few non-fulfilments there !!!

Our Double-Header against Cheshunt Corinthians is on Sunday 18th April...when we have Terry Moore & Danny Hagan both missing !

We are still waiting for a date on the Enfield Royals match.
It could well be in midweek on Tuesday or Wednesday 20th/21st April...so be warned. We will have to hope that Arsenal do not somehow beat Barcelona and get through to the Champions League Semi-Finals.

Also, Conor has confirmed (on Facebook) that he is now out for the rest of the season with his knee injury, although he does not need an operation.

The way things stand at the moment, we are missing so many key players for all of our remaining matches, the only chance we have got of getting some points on the board is to make sure we chase players up and get a squad of at least 14 for all of them.
We must NOT 'non-fulfil any of these fixtures.