THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Squad for Double-Header Away to AFC Cheshunt (7th March)

Trevor has named a squad of 17 for our Double-Header Away to AFC Cheshunt at Turnford School this coming Sunday as follows:
Darryl Johnson(GK)
Simon Jackson(GK)
Alan Barnard
Paul Woolston
Terry Moore
Martin Loveday
Jim Arrowsmith
Tony King
Rob Brown
Tem Adil
Steve Cokell
Kris Spyrou
Terry Brown
Conor McGovern
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Daniel Daley
Jamie Martin

All players will get a game as it is 2 x one-hour matches.

Please confirm your availability by 10.00.p.m. on Thursday evening.
If anybody drops out, Danny Smith has said he will play if we are 'short'.

Danny Hagan (Suspended), Stuart Dorward (Family commitments again) & Peter Murphy (On holiday ?) are not available.

Re: Squad for Double-Header Away to AFC Cheshunt (7th March)

Hopefully should be ok by then.

Available, carrying a heavy knock on my knee at the moment though.

Available

Available

Available, carrying a heavy cock on my knee at the moment though.

Available.

Loveday and TK sound like a couple of old knockers! WTF have you two been doing? Available.

Should be ok, got a bit of an injured hip from boarding, but will be there.

Available

Terry
Available
I presume this is Terry Brown as Terry Moore normally e-mails me...although he hasn't yet !

Leg is not 100% but I reckon I will be ok, I'll be there on Sunday.

We are still waiting for the following players to confirm their availability:
Paul Woolston
Jim Arrowsmith
Daniel Daley
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Jamie Martin
Tem Adil

Available

Jim has also confirmed his availability, but I have still heard nothing from Wooly, Kizza, Tem or Jamie Martin (via Rob or Terry, as Jamie is not on the internet).

Trev told me last night that Loveday has aggravated his knee injury playing 5-a-side and will probably not be able to play this Sunday, so he has therefore e-mailed Wooly to see if he is available to play (120 minutes ?!) instead. We are still waiting for a reply.
Kizza is almost certainly in his usual situation where he won't know if he is working or not until Saturday afternoon, while I assume Tem is still injured, as he was the week before.

So at the moment then, we only have 9 fit players (these being Darryl, Terry Moore, Jim, Steve Cokell, Kris, Tony King, Terry Brown, Conor & Daley), plus another 3 who are half-injured or 'ill' (these being Barney...hip, Rob Brown...shin, & Jacko...flu).
As two of these 12 are goalkeepers, we only really have a bare eleven...to last 120 minutes.

Trev is unavailable from now until Sunday morning to make any decisions due to work & social commitments, so it will be left up to me to find more players if necessary.
Ideally we want 16 as it is a Double-Header. Everyone will get a game. However, the weather forecast for Sunday morning is only 3C and with 20 m.p.h. northerly winds 'from Siberia', thereby making the touchline temperature something like -10C !!!
I will bring all five of the padded substitutes suits, but those conditions are bound to put players off if they know they are going to be standing around as a sub for an hour. I don't have any spare wooly hats either !

I will be in all day today and this evening, but tomorrow I am filming Kettering v. Grays and will not get home until 9.00.p.m.
If we still only have eleven players at that stage, I will have to text people then and just hope they have not already arranged to do something else.
The same will no doubt apply at 9.30.a.m.'ish on Sunday morning itself.
I am looking here at the likes of Danny Smith, Danny Green, Scott Jenkins (who I have just found on Facebook !), Warmers (who knows some of AFC Cheshunt's players), Aaron Illsley (via Jim), Jamile Little (via Daley), Gavin Mardell, Foysol, Rob Jackson (via Tem, or does Kris know him ?), Joe Ansell, Paul Duffy, Gary Cokell !...even Paul Amico & Aron White.
These players are all registered, and quite a few of them have actually paid Annual Subs !

Obviously, if Wooly, Kizza, Tem & Jamie can let me know today if they cannot play this Sunday, then I can contact some of these possible replacements this evening before they go and decide to do something else.

The AFC Cheshunt Secretary told me last night that there is still a massive 'mini-lake' on the pitch and if the game was being played today it would be off.
He is going over there today to see if he can sweep most of the water off. If he can, then it will be the Refs' decision on Sunday morning, but we are expecting the game to go ahead as it is not supposed to rain again before then.

My hip is OK, and I should be good for 120 minutes (if needed). I can try to have a chat with Gav to see if he'll come along, but I assume he'd want at least 60 minutes as per other players.

Cheers
Barney

Tem is not playing due to social commitments.
I can't get hold of Wooly or Kizza. I will give them (and Jamie Martin...who I don't have a mobile number for) until 7.00.p.m. tonight to reply before I start calling up replacements.

Tel is going to ask Jamie tonight when he sees him and will let you or Trevor know.

Lol, why write this?

"However, the weather forecast for Sunday morning is only 3C and with 20 m.p.h. northerly winds 'from Siberia', thereby making the touchline temperature something like -10C !!!
I will bring all five of the padded substitutes suits, but those conditions are bound to put players off if they know they are going to be standing around as a sub for an hour."

I doubt anyone would have even thought of siberian winds...?? but they might now you've mentioned it!

Those padded subs suits are quality though.

Just seen another weather forecast now. It says it's going down to -4C on Saturday night, so it could be a frozen pitch jobbie !

Ohh i can't wait to stand on the side lines!! WHOOP WHOOP!!

Kizza says he is o.k. for Sunday. He had been too busy at work to let us know up until now.

Guys I ain't going to make it again, cannot get rid of this fucking flu.........Think its time I maybe went to see the Doctor....

Sorry

You can don your tights now D.J.

Lol you are a legend, i have never known a more pesimistic human being than your good self. I really hope we never get invaded....

Cue BBC News

"& Great Britain is now under attack...

Rovers forum

"Guys, typically the game will probably be off this Sunday as the pitch is likely to be used as an air raid shelter and the ref, if he bothers to turn up, is likley to call it off, probably because he has to be at the Spurs game in the aftrenoon".

I sent a text to Wooly. His reply was ' Not sure yet.....Will know later today'

The optimists will say that he will play and the pessimists will predict a shortage of defenders.

Trevor Hughes
I sent a text to Wooly. His reply was ' Not sure yet.....Will know later today'

The optimists will say that he will play and the pessimists will predict a shortage of defenders.
I predict we will get a squad of 16, most of whom will phone/text me to ask 'Is it on ?' while I am driving to the ground and cannot answer/reply.
They will therefore have to take a chance and turn up anyway, then the Ref will call it off frozen pitch.

Will come along if ur short?

Joe Ansell will know later today if he has to work tomorrow. If he doesn't have to, he will come over. He'll let me know later.

I will play if short?

Joe is working tomorrow unfortunately and Jamie is unavailable in case you don't already know.

i will play if needed jus tex me

1 2