THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For Northmet Double-Header (Sun. 21st Feb).

Trevor has named a squad of 18 for our Double-Header against Northmet (Riverside) at Hazelwood this coming Sunday as follows:
Darryl Johnson(GK)
Simon Jackson(GK)
Paul Woolston
Terry Moore
Martin Loveday
Jim Arrowsmith
Tony King
Rob Brown
Tem Adil
Peter Murphy
Danny Hagan
Steve Cokell
Kris Spyrou
Terry Brown
Conor McGovern
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Daniel Daley
Jamie Martin

All players will get a game as it is 2 x one-hour matches.

Please confirm your availability by 10.00.p.m. on Thursday evening.

Alan Barnard (Snowboarding), Stuart Dorward (Family Commitments) & Danny Smith (?) are not available this Sunday due to Valentines Day/Family commitments.

PLEASE NOTE: Spurs v. Everton is live on Sky this Sunday with a 1.00.p.m. kick-off.
Northmet have several players going to the game and they have asked if we can agree to a 10.00.a.m. kick-off for the first match.
(The second match would then kick-off at around 11.15.am., leaving players with about 40 minutes to get to Spurs (or down the Pub to watch it there).
I have no problem with that myself, so if anybody has any objections, please say so before this evening (Monday).
Can Steve Wildgoose (our Referee this Sunday) please also confirm that is o.k. with him ? I know he reads this Forum.

As for the opening-up/nets job, Martin Loveday is next on the Rota...if he could confirm his availability for that please...we will have to get there at about 8.45.a.m.!!! ?

Re: Squad For Northmet Double-Header (Sun. 21st Feb).

Available

Just to inform those of our players who are not in the loop that we are currently discussing the kick-off time privately by e-mail.

If you wish to be copied in, let me know.

Although none of our players are going to Spurs themselves (as far as I know), we have now agreed to kick-off the first match at 10.00.a.m. instead of 10.30.a.m. after a discussion by e-mail.

This was at Northmet's request as they have six players going to Spurs and would probably have had to non-fulfil the second match if we had kicked-off the first game at 10.30.
Although that would have given us the three points for the second match, we felt it was far better to actually play both games as we have a lot of players who have not been getting much of a game recently.
We are no longer in contention for the Division One title following our defeat to East Herts on Sunday, so it is not a disaster if we end up losing or drawing the second game.

Having said all that, I think we all know that Enfield Council are almost certainly going to call the pitch off waterlogged again.
Here is the current weather forecast.

Available

available

Available but I have a ticket for spurs

Available

If the game is on this Sunday, can Darryl & Jacko please note that Northmet wear blue shirts, so they won't be able to use the blue keepers' top. One of them will either have to wear the grey one (where the ball apparently slides off the chest because it is 'too shiny', through their gloves and into the back of the net ), bring their own keepers' top, or they swap the yellow one at the end of the first match.
The same also applies to the AFC Cheshunt Double-Header the week after, as they wear blue as well.

Just looking at the kit bag, I notice we have lost a pair of club shinpads. If somebody has taken them who is not playing this Sunday, then we could have a problem.
There was also a pair of black underpants in the dirty kit bag, and we also left a load of stuff like that in the (Girls) changing rooms on Sunday.
Danny Hagan's wooly hat was on the floor.

If I had been there, I would have left something dirty in the girls changing room, I can assure you of that......

A tagnut?

Somebody put the club shinpads in my bag with the valuables.

Trevor Hughes
Somebody put the club shinpads in my bag with the valuables.
How thick can...

got a big drop off to U S of A from Boliva on saturday so will let you know if i make it

Available

Sorry Lads

I'm going to ahve to pull out again, still got this man flu and now have an ear infection to go with it, so I'll leave you in capable hands of Deej for both games.

Cheers

At the moment, we have only got 9 players for this Double-Header !
These are: Darryl (GK), Terry Moore, Wooly, Jim, Tony King, Danny Hagan, Kris, Steve Cokell & Conor.

Loveday e-mailed everybody the Prediction competition fixtures earlier this week, but I have not had any confirmation from him on here or by e-mail about playing (and doing the opening-up job) this Sunday...which is unusual.
Has he caught Danny Green's flu at work ?

The others who we have not heard from are: Rob Brown, Terry Brown, Jamie Martin, Daley, Kizza, Tem & Murf.
It was Trev's idea to name Rob in the squad. For some reason, Trev thought I was being overly pessimistic when I told him Rob has a suspected broken leg and that Rob told me there is no way that he will be playing this Sunday...meaning Terry & Jamie would not be playing either as they won't have a lift ?
Murf & Tem have almost certainly not read the Forum and won't know they are in the squad.

I went over Hazelwood and had a look at the pitch this morning though, and it is a swamp at the cowshed end and right through the middle of the pitch. It is also badly waterlogged from the penalty area to the corner flag nearest the Connaught Gardens entrance.
If it doesn't rain again before Sunday it will dry out quickly because it is mild and windy, but the forecast is for more torrential rain this evening and then on & off on Friday & Saturday. If that happens, we will have no chance.
It is also supposed to be even worse on Sunday itself than it was for that Cheshunt Corinthians match and the last game against St. Mary's !!!

I am expecting Enfield Council to make a decision tomorrow (Friday) afternoon, so if they say the pitch is o.k., we will just have to chase up players by phone/text on Friday evening in order to scrape up a squad of (hopefully) 14 at least.
I will be out all day on Saturday as usual and won't be able to chase up players then.

Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo, I'm available!!

Sorry, haven't had a chance to reply this week.

I'm def not fit enough, still painful and limping. I will give Terry and Jamie a lift down though anyway (assuming Jamie is playing).

GAME OFF !

Not surprisingly...GAME OFF (Waterlogged Pitch).
Now been confirmed.

Can players (and Mr. Wildgoose) please reply here to say that they have seen this ?
Will save me a few phone calls.

Re: GAME OFF !

seen!

Saves me a journey!

And i was so looking forward to them new socks too!!

seen it

seen it.

Seen

seen