THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Squad For Sunday 21st February (Away to East Herts)

Trevor has named a squad of 17 for this coming Sunday's Division One match Away to Division One leaders East Herts as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Darryl Johnson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
Martin Loveday
Paul Woolston
Jim Arrowsmith
Tony King
Rob Brown
Danny Hagan
Steve Cokell
Kris Spyrou
Stuart Dorward
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Terry Brown
Conor McGovern
Daniel Daley

At the moment, there are doubts concerning the fitness of Stuart Dorward and Rob Brown as they both took heavy knocks in our 5-1 win against Cheshunt (Sunday) and were limping badly at the end.
If both of them are fit by next Sunday, then Daniel Daley will have to be left out as he failed to turn up on Sunday despite texting to say that he was on his way. (We still have no idea where he got to !).

If more players drop out, Jamie Martin or Danny Smith will be called up (if they want to play) as they both live within walking distance of East Herts' home ground. This is because it is highly likely that we will have players dropping out on the morning of the match again. (e.g. Stuart and/or Rob declaring themselves unfit).

Please confirm your availability by 10.00.p.m. on Thursday evening if you are named in the above squad.

Obviously, we want to field our strongest possible side against the League leaders, so we don't want anybody volunteering to drop out just because we have got 'plenty' available.

If anybody wants to meet at the Southbury Leisure Centre and travel in convoy, we will be leaving there at 9.30.a.m.

Re: Squad For Sunday 21st February (Away to East Herts)

I'm available,Spoke to Jamie and he's away this weekend but said he's defiantly interested in playing again

Thomas Graveson
defiantly interested
Isn't that a bit of a contradiction in terms ?

Would that not be definately maybe? Available for sure.

Darryl Johnson (GK) - you've been pigeon holed Deej!?

available but am hobbling a bit....it isnt a knock, feels more like a sprain or something

Yup I'm in

Available

stu
available but am hobbling a bit....it isnt a knock, feels more like a sprain or something

I was just looking at where you are in terms of you breaking the club appearances record this season, Stu. You are getting very close now.

You are currently on 348 First Team appearances, so you need 4 more to equal Demitrius Nurse's record for that.
As for All-Time club appearances (including Reserve Team), you are currently on 351 and you only need another 3 to equal Demi's record for that.

...but then you are half-injured at the moment, and are missing the 28th Feb, 7th March & 14th March because of work & family commitments.
Two of our fixtures during that period are likely to be Double-Headers, so that won't leave many matches for you to break these records this season.

Laurence

Two of our fixtures during that period are likely to be Double-Headers, so that won't leave many matches for you to break these records this season.

Doesn't a double header count as two appearances?

Trevor Hughes
Laurence

Doesn't a double header count as two appearances?
Yes. That's what I mean. Stuart will be missing 5 matches instead of 3, thereby lessening the number of remaining fixtures for him to break the record.

Available - Stu if you need a celebratory vest - can recommend a good website

i've been keeping an eye on catching del up on goals to get into the top 3 funnily enough (probably a factor in my goal shyness recently apart from yesterday!). So 3 goals and 5 appearances....what will come 1st!? prob break my leg in the next game and it'll be neither!

stu
Darryl Johnson (GK) - you've been pigeon holed Deej!?

Yeah, but thats not gonna happen until we play double headers is it, as per Trevs quote! lol

Available, Lol do you update your appearences and goals page on a regular basis?

Steve Cokell
Available, Lol do you update your appearences and goals page on a regular basis?
Yes. Why ?
If you spot a mistake, let me know and I will double-check.

3 bookings? only remember 2!

Stu you're my hero... can you do an after dinner speech at my Dad's birthday party?

Available

I is back from russia, and available.

Thank you please.

Can't make it this week Trev, sorry. Good Luck Boys!

available
slowly getting better from cold etc.

available

Available.

Right...Danny Hagan hasn't confirmed his availability, so he is dropped.
We will put Andrei Kanchelskis and Albino Makalele in instead.

At the moment, we have a bare eleven, which is as follows:
Jacko (GK); Terry Moore, Barney, Loveday; Kris, Hagan-Makalele, Jim, Cokell; Stuart (Half-injured), Terry Brown; Conor.

Wooly and Tony King have dropped out, Rob Brown is obviously not sure yet if he will recover from injury in time, Kizza won't know until Saturday afternoon if he is working or not (which is the case more-or-less every week apparently), Darryl quite understandably is reluctant to come along and be an unused sub again and at the moment will be doing something else, and Daley put a message on the Training thread but has not yet explained where he was last Sunday (although I think I can guess from what he has posted on Facebook since ) or if he is available for this Sunday.

Danny Smith has said he will play if we are short, but that presumably means in the starting line-up, and obviously we can only do that if we have 10 or less.

That's the situation at the moment.
Presumably Daley, Rob & Kizza have up until 10.00.p.m. tonight to let us know if they are playing or not, and if they can't do that, then others out of Danny Smith, Tem, Murf, Danny Green, etc. replace them in the squad if they are prepared to come along and go sub.
Trev will need to confirm that though...if he has time to do so tonight ?

As it stands now, I'd have no chance of playing. I'm still limping and in a little bit of discomfort though the pain is nowhere near as bad. To be honest, you're better off naming my replacement I would say. I will come over with my boots and pads anyway as a last resort.

not much improvement in my mystery foot injury....website diagnosis points to one of my plantar ligaments suffering. However, me being the little soldier that I am, I do still hope to be there Sunday but will keep you posted.

Are we going to call these players to confirm they are in the squad or just rely on them reading the forum? Why turn up with a bare 11 when two or three others could get a game and be in with a chance of the starting 11 the following week? I will turn up Sunday but to be honest, is there any point in me playing out on field? I'm simply not good enough!

Its the same old story Deej where it's impossible to get hold of Trev because he is in Court all day and then working evenings, so what do we do ?
We just have to hope he reads this Forum in his lunch break.

You are right. The rules are that if players named in the squad don't/can't confirm their availability by 10.00.p.m. on a Thursday night (in this case Kizza & Daley), then we should be calling up others to replace them...but only Trev can decide exactly who, and by the time he has done so (probably on Saturday afternoon), it's too late because they have already planned to do something else. Invariably, Trev has not got their phone numbers or e-mail addresses anyway and needs me to contact them, but I can't on a Saturday because I am out all day filming & driving. I am doing Kettering v. Grays tomorrow, so I will be out even longer than usual.

Trev also needs to speak to these players (e.g. Tem, Murf, Danny Green, etc.) as they will probably want assurances that they are 'definitely' going to get a game if they agree to come along and go sub. Unfortunately I don't think Trev can give them that, and I agree with him. These are not Pre-Season Friendlies where we are giving people a run-out due to loyalty. We are going for the Division One title here and playing to win. That means substitutions are made for injuries and tactical changes only, so replacement players are therefore less likely to want to turn up.

Unless Trev can make a decision before 5.00.p.m. today, we will either end up with a bare eleven this Sunday with Darryl replacing Stuart (injured) at the last minute as an outfield player, or Kizza & Daley will phone/text on Sunday morning asking 'Is there a game today ?'

I am having my lunch but have a few spare minutes to read the Forum.

This is an important match against a team at the top of the table so I want the strongest available starting XI. Although it is not my practice to name a team I am, exceptionally, prapared to guarantee Danny Smith a starting place due to the injuries to Rob and Stuart. Can Smithy please confirm he will play.

Kizza told me on Sunday that he was available and would be driving to the ground so I will assume he is playing despite the lack of a message from him.

Daley will be sub if he is available due to his non attendance last week.

As Rob and Stuart have both confirmed they will come, even if injured,I do not think we need to chase anyone at this stage but if anyone else wants to play they can put a message here.

Does Smithy read the forum after Thursday? Can SOMEONE call him to confirm ffs?

Darryl

Trev hasn't got his phone number.

Actually, correction to that.
What Trev does is store received mobile numbers on his i-phone but he doesn't know how to type in somebody's name to go with it.
So on a Sunday morning, somebody texts him saying 'Sorry Trev, I can't play today' and he hasn't got a clue who it is !

I agree with what Trev has said re the team/squad for this Sunday BTW.
Let's just hope the game is on. Enfield Council have just called off all their pitches for the weekend (waterlogged), but we have heard nothing from Broxbourne Council...yet.
(Apparently, the St. Mary's School pitch used by East Herts is owned by Broxbourne Council).

Laurence
Darryl

Trev hasn't got his phone number.

Actually, correction to that.
What Trev does is store received mobile numbers on his i-phone but he doesn't know how to type in somebody's name to go with it.
So on a Sunday morning, somebody texts him saying 'Sorry Trev, I can't play today' and he hasn't got a clue who it is !

Absolute rubbish as usual.
I sent Smithy a text to the number I had stored in my phone. He replied immediately confirming that he is playing on Sunday.

Daley's number is now in my phone together with his name. If he phones me I will know it is him!

1 2