THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For Sunday 7th February (Home to St.Margaretsbury)

Following mass postponements today causing re-arrangements of County Cup matches, we are now playing at Home to St. Margaretsbury this coming Sunday instead of Turnford Geese.
I suspect that is so that the Turnford Geese match can now be a Double-Header as we have not played them yet, whereas we have already played St. Margaretsbury Away.

As we only have one goalkeeper available, Trevor has named a squad of 15 which is as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
Martin Loveday
Paul Woolston
Tony King
Rob Brown
Danny Smith
Danny Hagan
Steve Cokell
Kris Spyrou
Stuart Dorward
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Conor McGovern
Daniel Daley

Please confirm your availability by 10.00.p.m. on Thursday evening.

Gavin Mardell will be on standby to be named as a substitute if two or more of those 15 are unavailable.

Jim Arrowsmith (Working in Chicago) and Darryl Johnson (Family commitments ?) are not available this Sunday.

As for the opening-up/nets job, Terry Moore got there early to do that for the Cheshunt (Sunday) match but we didn't actually put the nets up as the Ref called the game off first.
I will leave it up to Terry to decide if he is willing to turn up early again this Sunday or not.
I can't remember if it is Loveday or Tony King who are next on the Rota as it is so long since we last played at Hazelwood !

Re: Squad For Sunday 7th February (Home to St.Margaretsbury)

Available

Available

Available

TK
Available

you put that miror down yet?

available

available

available

Available

available. i did tex laurence last week to say i couldnt play and i didnt hav internet access but u must not of received my tex sorry.

smithy
available. i did tex laurence last week to say i couldnt play and i didnt hav internet access but u must not of received my tex sorry.
Didn't receive the text, but not to worry.
No damage done and we move on.

Available

available

available

I have just been over Hazelwood to look at the pitch.
It is very, very soft and muddy but not waterlogged. They have put a lot of sand down in the 'Cowshed End' goalmouth and forked that area, while the lines have been freshly marked out.
That suggests that Enfield Council will not call it off this week and it will be left up to the Referee on the morning of the match.

That's despite the weather forecast being very heavy rain tonight and tomorrow morning.
It is supposed to be dry for the rest of today and then dry, mild ans sunny from late tomorrow morning onwards though.

I think the game will be on...as long as St. Margaretsbury can get a team up ! Apparently they have got loads of players out injured at the moment, and like most teams in the League (including us), some of their other players have lost interest because of all the postponements over the last couple of months.
I'm sure they will be alright though. It was a similar situation last season when they turned up at Hazelwood with a bare eleven and beat us 5-1 !

As for our squad, we have 13 out of the 15 who have confirmed their availability so far.
The only ones who haven't yet are Daley & Kizza.

Available if needed.

ill be there but i hope the game get s call off before i get into a cab. lol

may be working sunday but will let you know.

I don't know who is posing as Paolo Di Canio, Ruel Fox and Clive Wilson as they are all different I.P. addresses that have never been used before on this Forum, but Claude Makalele is Danny Hagan...so if he is saying he might be working this Sunday, then that's a bit worrying !

What's to say it's not Claude Makelele borrowing Danny's PC?

Claude just popped round last night for a few beers and to pick up that watch for his missus valentines present. I asked him what he was doing sunday if we were short he said he might be able to help us

still available if needed boys,have to let me know asap due to being offered overtime sweeping streets of hackney....Get me lau!

The spaniel has just had an operation on its stomach what was a suspected tick but was just a fatty layer of tissue but the wifes out at her mums sunday so I may have to stay in and look after bubbles. Sorry chaps

Fancy a vets match - you lot are well old......

This is Jim - not Ruel Fox or Sanchez - but Jim.

Very amusing posts - Friday's for some reason normally throw up the funniest posts.

Lol i don't know if anyone else has complained but my Blackberry isnt allowing this website - probably not the websites fault i grant you as my company is probably fed up with it but thought i'd tell you.

Good luck Sunday, i'll be watching the superbowl in some bar in Chicago hoping Dan Marino scores the first try or whatever they do.

Jim
Lol i don't know if anyone else has complained but my Blackberry isnt allowing this website - probably not the websites fault i grant you as my company is probably fed up with it but thought i'd tell you.
You mean the Forum as opposed to the 'website' ?
Trev has an i-phone and he can access both from that.

Assuming you are at a PC in a Hotel in Chicago at the moment, click on both of those links that I have just put and tell me which one doesn't work on your Blackberry. The Forum can sometimes take 10-15 seconds to load.