THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for Sunday 31st January (Home to Cheshunt Sunday)

The squad of 16 for our Division One match at Home to Cheshunt (Sunday) is as follows:
Darryl Johnson (GK)
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
Martin Loveday
Tony King
Rob Brown
Danny Smith
Jim Arrowsmith
Danny Hagan
Steve Cokell
Kris Spyrou
Stuart Dorward
Terry Brown
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Conor McGovern
Daniel Daley

If three or more of those 16 drop out...or if a defender drops out, then Paul Woolston will come in as the first-choice replacement (if he is available).

Please confirm your availability on here or by text, phone or e-mail before 10.00.p.m. this coming Thursday.
Did anybody tell Danny Smith and Kizza yesterday that they are supposed to do that every week and not just assume they are in the squad by confirming before it is announced !?

Simon Jackson is the only player unavailable at the moment as he is doing his Toughguy challenge this weekend.

Terry Moore is still next on the Rota for the opening-up/nets job (if he could please confirm that ?).

Re: Squad for Sunday 31st January (Home to Cheshunt Sunday)

Available.

Available

Available

Available

availble....on the proviso i can at least walk by then!

stu

I'm in a similar position...

Im available

avaliable

QuoteReply Re: Squad for Sunday 31st January (Home to Cheshunt Sunday)

Tell me about it. 120mins on Saturday was not good preperation for Sundays game. I cannot move today but that probably justifies the 6 I was given - my mum was not happy about that rating.....

Available but not the week after. That's easy for Trevor then!

The situation as at 9.30.a.m. on Friday morning is that we have only got a bare eleven for Sunday at the moment.
These are: Darryl, Barney, Terry Moore, Loveday, Kris, Rob, Jim, Tony King, Stuart, Conor & Steve Cokell.

Danny Hagan says he will be playing on Saturday but doubts that his knee will stand up to two matches this weekend. At the moment, he says he is prepared to go sub for us on Sunday, but as far as I am concerned, there is no guarantee of him being there at all if he is going to try and play on Saturday. He must be the most injury-prone player we have ever had play for the club !

Danny Smith asked to come off last Sunday and told Trev he is not going to play for us next season. He has not confirmed that he is playing this Sunday yet, so for all I know he might have left already.
The reason he joined us was because several of his ex-London Ajax team-mates had signed up as well, but on Sunday he was the only one there. The ex-London Ajax players are all 'winners' who get stuck in and battle in games like we had on Sunday. It was very noticable on video that Smithy was putting in far more effort than several other players. He is always complaining to me that we are never going to win anything because we don't have enough players who put themselves out to play every week...and in my opinion he is right.

Kizza has also not confirmed his availability before the 10.00.p.m. Thursday night deadline, despite me e-mailing him to do so yesterday morning along with everybody else. According to his last posting on Facebook (about 5 days ago), his Blackberry is not working properly, so he therefore can't text, phone, send or receive e-mails or post on the Forum amongst other things. He will probably finally text me on Saturday afternoon (while I am filming Kettering v. Crawley) asking 'Where are we playing this Sunday and am I in the squad ?', but I will not be able to reply until about 9.00.p.m....by which time he will have arranged to work instead because I have not replied. He has done this several times in the past.

Daley wants to join McKenzie Rangers asap (as I think I mentioned somewhere already ?) and is in the process of sorting out a transfer, but he says he fell out of his loft yesterday and is now injured anyway, so he is definitely not playing this Sunday.

Terry Brown phoned Trev the other day and said he is giving up playing football for the time being and not to include him in the squad until further notice. This is because of the problem he had in Saturday football last season and nothing to do with us.

Wooly has family commitments again for this Sunday but is available the following week.

So...do we just wait and hope that Kizza, Danny Smith and Danny Hagan all turn up on Sunday to make a squad of 14, or do we ask Tem and Murf to come along (if they are available) ?
Nobody else has been bothering to get in touch lately to say they are interested (e.g. Danny Green, Scott Jenkins, Jamie Martin, Foysol, Gavin Mardell).

Obviously if Tem & Murf are subs on Sunday, Trev will not be able to guarantee them a runout if it is a close match.
My understanding is that they will not come along and go sub if there is no real chance of them getting a game, and the same will apply to anybody else for that matter.

I will not be phoning Danny Smith myself to persuade him to play (if that is what is needed)...and should he be in the starting eleven ahead of the eleven who have confirmed ?
He will get the right hump if he is not.

Your opinions are welcome, but of course the final decision is Trev's.

Quote "10.00.p.m. Thursday evening...Trevor phones me to check if anybody has texted phoned or e-mailed instead of posting on the Forum, then he goes on the Forum himself and announces who he wants in the squad as replacements and the reasons for that....rather than me having to speculate !!!"

That lasted long!

Darryl
Quote "10.00.p.m. Thursday evening...Trevor phones me to check if anybody has texted phoned or e-mailed instead of posting on the Forum, then he goes on the Forum himself and announces who he wants in the squad as replacements and the reasons for that....rather than me having to speculate !!!"

That lasted long!
My fault.
I forgot about that !

lol, i will go in goal sunday if you want? if it makes it any easier to accomodate outfield?? i think i will be ok sunday but i dont want to say yeah ill definatley be fuly fit when i may not be. im 21 and i seriously think i wont be playing by the time im 30 with my injuries..........im more than happy to go in goal if need be?

Hi All,
Sorry I cannot play this weekend, I am working.

Best Of Luck

Would happily run the run the perimiter but, as a fully paid up member of the favoured few who has spent 120 mins the wrong side of the white line and, incidentally, remains still owed for the pleasure, I sadly have to report that I am pecuniarily emabarrassed and thus ubable to attend...I remain happy that my inadvertant largesse, all 2 nicker of it, be spread around but I simply could not turn up with such a situation unresolved....it is for that reason, and that reason alone, that I cannot bring myself to make myself available this Sunday in an hour of need...that and and the luxury of 90 minutes football...good luck, all men of jade.

Just a warning (especially to Conor and anybody else who is travelling long distances tomorrow morning) that even though the temperature is going down to -4C tonight, the game will still be ON tomorrow !!!

It is supposed to be sunny straight away and that will thaw the pitch out at Hazelwood. Because of the backlog of fixtures, we are likely to start the game on a slightly frozen pitch or wait until 11.00.a.m. to kick-off.
We MUST NOT have players dropping out tomorrow morning because they think it will be off.
Trev thinks Danny Smith will turn up without bothering to confirm his availability...Trev spoke to him last week and I didn't, but if Smithy doesn't turn up, we will just have a bare eleven as I cannot see any other registered players volunteering to go sub in this weather.

By the way, I have just had Jacko's booking from last week's game through from the London F.A., but they have also sent me a booking for Danny Hagan instead of Conor !
How the hell did the Ref get that one wrong ?! Hagan wasn't even on the pitch !
It also says Hagan is suspended for 7 days from the 22nd Feb as it's his 5th booking of the season. (He has been a naughty boy for Crouch End Vampires apparently ).
Don't worry though...I will inform the London F.A. on Monday of the Ref's mistake. It will mean an £8 Fine for Conor though.

Just trained over Enfield playing fields as it was our week off today. Between 10.00 & 11.00, even in the sun, the pitches were frozen but you're right Lol once the sun gets on it and players soften it up it'll be fine. 11.00 maybe an idea as i think they'll be too hard at 10.30.

If Dan is suspended it'll allow him more time to sell his valentine watch....

Kettering v. Crawley (which I was supposed to be filming today) has been called off frozen pitch.
I got as far as Bishop's Stortford, then got the phone call, so I'm back home now.
I might walk over the Barrass later to see Terry Moore and Danny Smith do some ice skating with the Old Eds !?

Barney has texted me to say that he will be in Portsmouth tonight and needs to know asap tomorrow morning if the game is on or not so he can drive back in good time if it is !
Well Barney, I'm afraid you are going to have to drive back whatever mate, as it's the Ref's decision at 10.30.a.m. for frozen pitches, not Enfield Council's.

I can certainly see another East Herts situation tomorrow. (Remember when we non-fulfilled against them last season because everyone just assumed the Ref would call it off frozen pitch...and he didn't ?!)

Can join the squad tomorrow if you like?

Like I said before, if you ever get desperate like this just ask.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

The most we will have is 13 (which is if Danny Smith turns up and Danny Hagan comes through today's match for Crouch End Vampires without his knee playing up).

Its looking dodgy for tomrrow and the rest of the week...

Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday

Day/Night

- 4° C | -8° C
-5° C | -9° C
-2° C | -11° C
-5° C | -9° C
-2° C | -8° C

Not fully fit at the moment otherwise would have happily helped out this weekend. Gonna need another week or two before being considered.

Daley says he is fit enough to go sub at least as his knee has improved since he fell out of his loft !
We should be o.k. now, although If Gav can still come along just in case, that would be great.
I have still not heard anything from Danny Smith.

Jim's temperatures are obviously a wind-up, as that's not what it says here.

... Saparo Japan.

I was bored watching the Chelsea game. Finding cold places around the world amused me for all of 26 seconds.

Did you know that Saparo consumes the most cartons of orange juice per head in the world? Intersting ah