THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Squad For Sunday 24th January (Away to Yavruvatan)

Just to confirm that our next attempt to get this London Cup match played will be this coming Sunday (24th January) at Yavruvatan's normal Home ground (Wadham Lodge Sports Ground, Kitchener Road, Walthamstow) with a 2.00.p.m. kick-off.

The squad of 16 will be the same as we originally picked for the last attempt (as follows):
Simon Jackson (GK)
Darryl Johnson (GK)
Paul Woolston
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
Martin Loveday
Tony King
Danny Smith
Jim Arrowsmith
Danny Hagan
Steve Cokell
Stuart Dorward
Terry Brown
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Conor McGovern
Daniel Daley

Can these 16 players confirm their availability on here or by e-mail/text asap please ?

If any of those 16 cannot play, Rob Brown will hopefully come into the squad if he is going to be back from his Saturday night party (in Aylesbury ?) in time.
He said he would not be available when it was a morning kick-off, so I don't know whether that is the case for 2.00.p.m. as well ?

A reminder that all players MUST turn up at the venue before 1.30.p.m. for this match as we have to fill in a team-sheet...and we could also do with having a proper warm-up !!!

I don't know what is happening as regards meeting at the Southbury Leisure Centre if anybody wants a lift.
I won't be meeting there as I only live a 10-minute drive away from Walthamstow. I will be going down Victoria Road to Silver Street station then left onto the North Circular, but I will be bringing my scaffolding with me so I won't be able to give anybody a lift from Silver Street (like I have done for Daley & Kizza from there in the past when we have played Away in the London Cup).
It looks like Danny Hagan can walk to the ground in 5 minutes from where he lives ?!

Re: Squad For Sunday 24th January (Away to Yavruvatan)

Available

Available.

Available

Available

Available.

available if needed

Available.

Available and will arrive via skateboard

Danny Hagan
Available and will arrive via skateboard

Totally bodacious dude! Cowabunga!

2pm at Walthamstow may well be in reach for me. I can't promise as I am getting a lift to and from the party so I am relying on others to be up and about early doors on the Sunday. If I can make it though I will come over whether we have enough players or not, just think of me as a spare man. I will call as and when I know on the Sunday.

Wooly is not available this Sunday as he has to decorate his flat, so there is a place in the squad for Rob if he can make it.

Is Terry Brown playing and how would he get there if Rob cannot make it ?
Will Danny Smith give him a lift ?

Kris has confirmed his availability and others not in the squad at the moment may do so as well, but if Terry is not playing, we really need to know by Thursday evening at the latest so that we can let Kris (or whoever) know in good time that they are needed.

available

Available

Terry Moore has injured his knee playing 5-a-side. He will go for a jog on Friday and make a decision then (I think ?).

Trev, i said was available on monday
So am I playin in the starting team, bench, not needed

kris spyrou
Trev, i said was available on monday
So am I playin in the starting team, bench, not needed
I doubt whether Trev will reply as he will be too busy at the moment to come on here.

This is the way I see things though...
We currently have 12 players (not including Kris) who have confirmed their availability. That includes two goalkeepers.

I have not heard anything from Danny Smith because he is not on the internet, and I am still waiting to hear if Terry Brown is playing or not. He obviously hasn't looked at this Forum or the club website either. I didn't send a bulk e-mail out this week as I told everybody by e-mail last week that we were playing Yavruvatan at Wadham Lodge this Sunday with a 2.00.p.m. kick-off.
Maybe Terry is on holiday or his e-mail is not working ?
We then have Rob Brown, who won't know if he can get there until an hour or so before the kick-off, and Terry Moore, who is having a fitness test on Friday evening (I think ?).
If those four (or even just three of them) are all available, then Kris will not be needed, but I won't know for sure until Saturday morning.

If Kris needs to know now, then we could have a problem, as I have a nasty feeling that only Danny Smith will be playing out of that lot.
We must have three outfield subs for this match in my opinion. Half our players are going to be knackered after not having played for 8 weeks.

Lau, im gonna be in kent over the weekend so thats why i wanna know
also even tho im available - those players are in front of me still . . impossible to get in this team aint it
jus let me know tomorrow

In my opinion, Kris should be straight in the squad. If he's making himself available and there are concerns because you haven't heard from others then it's a no brainer surely.

I agree with Rob and its something we have discussed before, we should be making sure we have a squad from those who have confirmed, not waiting to see who may or may not decide to play.

I agree with Rob and Loveday 100%, but Trev is the Manager and he is impossible to get hold of at the moment.
He is doing jury service for 8 weeks Mon-Fri 9-5 and then working evenings and Saturdays visiting pubs, clubs & restaurants accompanying his wife for her licensing business. Yes, that's why he is so overweight !?
He switches his phone off during those business meetings and obviously when he is in court.
The last time I spoke to him, he said he doesn't have time to go on the internet and look at the Forum like the rest of us do. His job(s) mean he is rarely in front of a computer.

His attitude seems to be to name a squad of 16 because on average, 3 or 4 drop out of that, but he is not bothered if we only end up with one sub as that makes his job as Manager easier.
That's o.k. for run-of-the-mill League games, but if that happens this Sunday, I don't think we will have much chance of winning the game.
Yavruvatan will definitely have 3 subs.

So it's ok for Trev to be busy and not reply on here but other people can't? If Kris is available then put him in the squad. I really can't see the problem. This is just silly. I know i'm not gonna get a game but i will still turn up, but in regard to Kris etc, how are they ever gonna get in the side if they are not given the chance? He is away at the weekend and still gonna make the effort, even now, after asking ALL week. Surely at best a yes or no will do. Pissing him about is wrong. And the others too. A decision needs to be made by Thursday as to who is playing on the Sunday. People will drop out but we'll still have at least 14 of the 16 players committed and all with a chance of playing. Why can't Trevor pass the responsibility over to Stuart or Lauwrence when he is busy? And to quote Lawrence last post "His attitude seems to be to name a squad of 16 because on average, 3 or 4 drop out of that, but he is not bothered if we only end up with one sub as that makes his job as Manager easier". I'd like to think that is a wrong assumption but i get the feeling it isn't! I'm sure it would be easier for him but it makes it harder for everyone else.

I appreciate your comments guys, im getting all emotional . .lol
But . . still lau can u phone or text me today or saturday so that i know if i have to wake up early on sunday to come back to london

Right...I think it's all sorted now.

Danny Smith has confirmed his availability, but Terry Brown has asked to be left out as he won't know until Saturday if he can play or not.

I therefore make it that the squad is now as follows:
Jacko, Darryl, Barney, Loveday, Stuart, Tony King, Danny Hagan, Danny Smith, Jim, Steve Cokell, Kizza, Conor, Daley & Kris.
That's 14, and if Terry Moore passes his fitness test, that will make 15 including three outfield subs...which is what we ideally want (rather than 16 with an outfield player...probably Kris...having no chance of getting a game).

If Terry Moore is not fit, then I would hope that one out of Rob Brown, Terry Brown or Wooly (who said he may be able to help out at the last minute depending how his decorating is going) can put themselves out to replace him so that we have three outfield subs.

It goes without saying that if I was Manager, I would most definitely bring Kris on as a sub, even ahead of more 'senior' players.
Believe me, we are going to need fit, quick players against this lot.

I will text Kris to tell him he is in, just in case he does not see this message.

Darryl
Why can't Trevor pass the responsibility over to Stuart or Lauwrence when he is busy?
Well he is going to have to unless he gives up one of his two jobs.
Saying that, Stuart is even busier !
When was the last time he had time to put anything other than 'available' on the Forum ?

Something needs to be done.

It's very similar to the situation at Ebbsfleet, Deej.

Liam Daish (the Manager) 'doesn't do computers', so he won't go on the MyFC Forums and tell the 8,000 or so 'owners' of the club what his thoughts are.
They then get pissed off and don't renew their yearly membership fee...which is what is supposed to keep the club afloat.
Consequently, Ebbsfleet have got 'no money' to buy good enough players and they are now stuck at the bottom of the Conference table.

If Trev had time to come on here and explain why he is picking certain players for the squad or not, or at least e-mailing or phoning players, it would help our situation I think.
At least he knows how to use a computer though. There are loads of old-school ex-pro's like Daish who don't.

To be fair the Thursday rule was brought in not that long ago, those who had not confirmed via forum, text or phone WOULD miss out for those that confirmed within a good period of time....
Its is pretty unfair on Chris and everyone for that matter to have to cancel or alter plans at the last minute just in case.

Anyway will be good to actually have a game on Sunday.

Loveday
To be fair the Thursday rule was brought in not that long ago, those who had not confirmed via forum, text or phone WOULD miss out for those that confirmed within a good period of time....
That's correct, but the problem is then in confirming exactly who should come into the squad to replace somebody who has not confirmed by Thursday.
That has to be Trev's decision. I don't really want that to be my decision. I don't want to be Manager !

For all we know, because their work computers do not allow them to post on the Forum, two or three other players apart from Kris might have texted or e-mailed Trev during the week to tell him they are available.
He then might feel they are better players than Kris and by getting in touch before Thursday, they would have every right to be in the squad ahead of him.
It's a bit unfair to say we only take what's posted on the Forum.

Trev must start posting updates on here himself every Thursday night in my opinion...even if he is keeping his eyes open with matchsticks at 1.00.a.m. !

Laurence
I agree with Rob and Loveday 100%, but Trev is the Manager and he is impossible to get hold of at the moment.
He is doing jury service for 8 weeks Mon-Fri 9-5 and then working evenings and Saturdays visiting pubs, clubs & restaurants accompanying his wife for her licensing business. Yes, that's why he is so overweight !?
He switches his phone off during those business meetings and obviously when he is in court.
The last time I spoke to him, he said he doesn't have time to go on the internet and look at the Forum like the rest of us do. His job(s) mean he is rarely in front of a computer.

His attitude seems to be to name a squad of 16 because on average, 3 or 4 drop out of that, but he is not bothered if we only end up with one sub as that makes his job as Manager easier.
That's o.k. for run-of-the-mill League games, but if that happens this Sunday, I don't think we will have much chance of winning the game.
Yavruvatan will definitely have 3 subs.

The usual exaggeration from Laurence.

I am not impossible to contact. I am doing Jury service for 5-6 weeks and currently cannot be contacted until 5.00 p.m. After that I can be contacted by text, e-mail, mobile phone or land line or via The Forum. I have some meetings in the evenings but my computer is on from 5.30 p.m. every day.

I do agree about enforcing the rule that the squad is changed if people haven't confirmed their availability by Thursday and I am happy for Kris to be in the squad.

However, I would like the strongest squad available each week and particularly this week as it is an important cup tie. That is the only excuse I have for allowing extra time to those originally named in the squad to confirm their availability. Hopefully, Kris will score the winner on Sunday.

Well if people are texting/emailing mobile/landline calling, why can something not be posted on here by YOU Friday morning? This is your club!! Surely if people have committed to play, not much can change by Sunday am? Obviously there will be occasions where there is a genuine reason for dropping out. It's bound to happen, but by and large this could all be sorted on the Thursday night Friday moring!!

Darryl
Well if people are texting/emailing mobile/landline calling, why can something not be posted on here by YOU Friday morning? This is your club!! Surely if people have committed to play, not much can change by Sunday am? Obviously there will be occasions where there is a genuine reason for dropping out. It's bound to happen, but by and large this could all be sorted on the Thursday night Friday moring!!

The problem is that nobody does contact me - maybe because Laurence thinks I am not contactable. It is far easier to contact Laurence as he is on his computer all day and night!

I think I need to phone Laurence every Thursday night so he can post on Friday morning.

1 2