THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
This Sunday (17th January)

The latest situation (as at 10.30.a.m. Tuesday morning) is that the London F.A. have told us that if Yavruvatan request the game to be played on their Home pitch this Sunday, then that will be granted as we have had the game called off twice at Hazelwood already. (This is London F.A. rules).

However, the Yavruvatan Secretary is not replying to e-mails and his mobile phone is switched off with the 'sorry we cannot connect you, please try again later' message...which suggests he might be abroad ?
The Referee is not replying to e-mails either, so we don't know if he is available for this Sunday if the game gets switched to Yavruvatan's ground with a possible afternoon kick-off.

At the moment then, the game is still at Hazelwood...until Enfield Council call it off on Friday because there is still snow on the pitch and they can't mark the lines out ?
It all then depends on whether Yavruvatan have their pitch available as well and we can make a decision on Friday/Saturday to switch it to there.
If they don't have their pitch available, I would imagine they will be happy trying to play it at Hazelwood again as they appear to be based in this area anyway.
I am only guessing (from things I have found on the internet) that they play at what used to be Waltham Forest F.C. (i.e. Wadham Lodge in Kitchener Road, Walthamstow) and that they kick-off at 2.00.p.m.
I don't know whether they play in the actual 'stadium' (bottom right) or the railed-off pitch outside with two small dugouts (top left).

All we can do for now is sit and wait for them to get in touch.
If any of our players cannot play if the game gets switched to an afternoon kick-off in Walthamstow at short notice, please let us know as soon as possible.

As for the squad, I have not seen or spoken to Trev for about two weeks, but I would assume it's the same as last week with Loveday (if fit ?) replacing Rob Brown, and Tem & Kris still on standby to come in if anybody drops out ?

Re: This Sunday (17th January)

Laurence:

If your game is a PM kick-off and you need a ref i'm happy to help out.

Yavruvatan have now got in touch and they are happy to give the game another try at Hazelwood this Sunday. (10.30.a.m. kick-off).

If Enfield Council call it off again on Thursday or Friday because there is still snow on the pitch (or whatever) though, there is a possibility of us using a pitch at Pymmes Park instead, but it will have to be a 2.00.p.m. kick-off.
Apparently, the pitches at Pymmes Park are no longer used by the Edmonton Sunday League. (It used to be our Home pitch in the late-70's/early-80's !).
They are now 'owned' by the Turkish Community Football Federation, who have 11.00.a.m. & 2.00.a.m. kick-offs over there on Sundays.

Yavruvatan's normal Home pitch at Wadham Lodge in Walthamstow is apparently in a poor state and I don't think it is available for them this Sunday anyway. (They play on that one with the barrier round, not inside the stadium).

Just to confirm that the squad of 16 is as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Darryl Johnson (GK)
Paul Woolston
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
Martin Loveday
Tony King
Danny Smith
Jim Arrowsmith
Danny Hagan
Steve Cokell
Stuart Dorward
Terry Brown
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Conor McGovern
Daniel Daley

Tem Adil and/or Kris Spyrou will be the first players called into the squad if anybody drops out.

All players MUST turn up before 10.00.a.m. for this match as we have to fill in a team-sheet...and we could do with having a proper warm-up !!!
I propose that anybody who turns up after 10.00.a.m. is fined heavily !...whatever their excuse.

Can all players named in the squad above please now confirm their availability as soon as possible, and by Thursday evening at the latest ?

Terry Moore is still on the Rota for the nets/opening-up job (if he could confirm his availability for that as well).

Players are also reminded that a large number of you owe subs from previous matches because Trev was too drenched to go down the Pub afterwards !
Please bring the extra money with you on Sunday and get up to date.

Wooly has e-mailed to say he is unavailable this Sunday.

Looking at the snow falling at the moment (Wednesday morning) and the weather forecast from now until Sunday, I predict that Enfield Council will call Hazelwood off tomorrow (Thursday) because they won't be able to mark the lines out with snow on the pitch.
The snow will then thaw quite rapidly on Friday and particularly on Saturday when the forecast is steady light rain.
Hazelwood will then be playable by Sunday morning, although very, very muddy with a few small puddles at the cowshed end...but we won't be able to play there.
On Friday, because Hazelwood has been officially called off, Yavruvatan will arrange a 2.00.p.m. kick-off for Sunday at Pymmes Park instead, and that will definitely be on no matter how crap the pitch is as it is no longer an Enfield Council ground.

Once again, I urge any of our players to let us know NOW if they cannot play in the afternoon.
Also, please do NOT assume we will definitely not be playing at all this Sunday just because it is snowing now !

Available.

Available

Available

Available

Available

Available

Just been over Hazelwood to have a look at the pitch and despite this morning's heavy rain, it is still covered in snow.
If Enfield Council are planning to mark the pitches out this afternoon, they won't be able to do so.
If they are planning to mark the pitches tomorrow (Friday) they will probably all be too waterlogged for them to do so, so I can see a decision being made sometime this afternoon that they have called off every pitch in the Borough (again).

That won't include Pymmes Park though, so it is looking increasingly likely that we will be playing over there at 2.00.p.m. this Sunday, even though the grass is about a foot long, there are ruts and divots all over the place, the lines won't be marked out properly, and there will be massive puddles in the goalmouths.
Yavruvatan and the Referee are both desperate to get the game played this Sunday whatever the conditions, and so should we be...so no feeble excuses please.

Enfield Council have just phoned, and yes...HAZELWOOD IS OFF THIS SUNDAY, as are all other Enfield Council pitches in the Borough.

I will now phone the Yavruvatan Secretary and see if they can get this pitch at Pymmes Park. (2.00.p.m. kick-off though).
I will put further details on here (i.e. directions to the ground, etc.) once they have confirmed that.
I have e-mailed the Referee to see if he is o.k. for an afternoon kick-off, but he has not replied yet. It will be his decision on the state of the pitch, so it will be one of those where we all have to turn up even if it chucks it down all day on Saturday (as is the forecast at the moment).

At the moment, we only have 8 players who have confirmed their availability. These are Barney, Loveday, Terry Moore, Danny Hagan, Conor, Jim, Kizza & Steve Cokell.

I have no idea what Stuart, Jacko, Darryl, Tony King or Terry Brown are playing at. Presumably they are all working abroad this week ?

Danny Smith is not on the internet...he normally texts me on a Thursday or a Friday, as does Daley...who had flu the last time we heard from him.

It looks like I am going to have to text and/or phone everyone this week, either on Friday night or Saturday morning.
I will be out filming Ebbsfleet v. Altrincham on Saturday between 12.00. mid-day and 8.00.p.m.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/123/352840552_7a9a0a6ec7.jpg

available

If needed

Yup I'm in

Available

Available if needed