THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For Sunday 10th January (v. Yavruvatan)

Rovers are back after what seems like a two-month break !
Hope everyone had a good Xmas & New Year ?

Our previously-postponed London F.A. Sunday Intermediate Cup match at Home to Yavruvatan is to be played at Hazelwood this coming Sunday...frozen pitch and snow permitting.

Martin Loveday is the only player who has informed us that he is unavailable (due to a chest infection), so the squad of 16 is currently as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Darryl Johnson (GK)
Paul Woolston
Alan Barnard
Terry Moore
Tony King
Rob Brown
Danny Smith
Jim Arrowsmith
Danny Hagan
Steve Cokell
Stuart Dorward
Terry Brown
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Conor McGovern
Daniel Daley

Tem Adil and/or Kris Spyrou will be the first players called into the squad if anybody drops out.

Can all players named in the squad above please confirm their availability as soon as possible, and by Thursday evening at the latest ?
Terry Moore is still on the Rota for the nets/opening-up job (if he could confirm his availability for that as well).

Players are also reminded that a large number of you owe subs from previous matches because Trev was too drenched to go down the Pub afterwards !
Please bring the extra money with you on Sunday and get up to date.

Re: Squad For Sunday 10th January (v. Yavruvatan)

Available

Oh yes

I'm in... assuming it's on.

available even though its going to get called off and have several igloos built up the cowshed end and a few penguins having a kick about up the other

I'm there.

Danny Hagan
even though its going to get called off and have several igloos built up the cowshed end and a few penguins having a kick about up the other
Absolutely.
Just look at the forecast for Saturday daytime !!!

for what its worth - IN

One thinks we are fucked.............

Can some cunt use their brains and call off the game now........

Available and awaiting cancellation.

I'm in (for what it's worth). Just got back today, and the weather's a bit of a shock to the system after South Africa.

As expected, Enfield Council have called off all pitches in the Borough this weekend, so our game is off as far as them and ourselves are concerned.

Last time, the Referee wanted us to turn up and play despite that (subject to his own pitch inspection on the morning of the match), but I expect him to see common sense this time !
I have e-mailed him, our opponents, and the London F.A., so I will report back as soon as I know where we are playing the match on Sunday 17th January (weather permitting).
It could be an afternoon kick-off at Waltham Forest F.C. (Yavruvatan's Home ground) if the London F.A. go by their rule book, so be prepared !

I'm back too from watching the mighty England beat the Springboks.

Although my predictations in the past have been way off the mark i think i could have guessed Sunday would be off.

Just had an automated reply from the London F.A. saying that their offices are closed this week because none of their staff can get in to work due to the snow & ice. (Health & safety, etc.)

That may well be the case next week as well, so we could be in a situation where the snow melts late in the week (which is the forecast at the moment), the pitch becomes playable for the 17th, but the London F.A. offices don't re-open until 2 or 3 days beforehand...therefore either leaving us without a match at all because it is too short notice for them to confirm what is happening, or we desperately have to try to scrape up a team at the last minute because we are suddenly told we are playing an afternoon kick-off when half our players can only play in the morning.

Just so you know, I'm unavailable for the next couple of weeks (17th and 24th.
Eurodisney with the family and then a party in Bucks on the following Sat night(in a hotel).

I'm not about on the 31st, Toughguy.......