THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GAME OFF ! (v. Yavruvatan 20th Dec)

This Sunday's London Cup game is OFF !

Enfield Council have (sensibly) just called off all pitches in the Borough (including Hazelwood) for the whole weekend because of the snow & ice. Presumably they can't mark the lines out again, so they are not bothering to leave it up to the Referees on Sunday morning.
It is pretty obvious that all games would have been called off anyway with more heavy snow forecast for Saturday night.

I have tried phoning and e-mailing both the London F.A. and Yavruvatan, but I cannot get any answer from either of them, so at the moment I have no idea what the situation is regarding us being told to play on the 3rd January.
I will post on here as soon as I hear anything.

Can our players who were in the squad please reply to this (or e-mail me) so that I don't have to text everybody ?

...and have a Merry Xmas & Happy New Year ! [:)s[SantaHat]

Re: GAME OFF ! (v. Yavruvatan 20th Dec)

ok, its better they call the game off now then on sunday.

Understood, fucking pussies............

Laurence
I have tried phoning and e-mailing both the London F.A. and Yavruvatan, but I cannot get any answer from either of them, so at the moment I have no idea what the situation is regarding us being told to play on the 3rd January.
I will post on here as soon as I hear anything.
The London F.A. have confirmed that as far as they are concerned, this match will now be played on Sunday 10th January at Hazelwood. (10.30.a.m. Kick-Off).
That's because there is nobody in the London F.A. office over the Xmas period and they are not back at work until the 4th January.

Just waiting for Yavruvatan to get back to me regarding that.

Yavruvatan (and the Referee) have now confirmed that they are o.k. for Sunday 10th January, so let's hope the weather improves by then.

If anybody is unavailable for that match, please let us know asap.
Trevor will be naming the squad on Sunday 3rd January.

Have a good Xmas everyone and don't eat and drink too much !!!?