THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For Sunday 20th December v. Yavruvatan (London Cup)

It has now been confirmed that we are playing at Home to Yavruvatan in the Third Round of the London F.A. Sunday Intermediate Cup this coming Sunday.
(They beat Kensington Athletic 7-1 yesterday...not surprisingly).

The squad (of 16) is as follows:
Simon Jackson (GK)
Stuart Dorward
Terry Moore
Martin Loveday
Paul Woolston
Rob Brown
Danny Hagan
Danny Smith
Tony King
Tem Adil
Steve Cokell
Terry Brown
Kris Spyrou
Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo
Conor McGovern
Daniel Daley

This is our most important match of the season so far and all players listed above MUST confirm their availability on here or by e-mail/text to me as soon as they possibly can. We do NOT want to be fielding a bare eleven against what is a very good side.
We also MUST have everybody at the venue by 10.00.a.m. as we have to fill in a team-sheet for London Cup matches and give it to the Referee 15 minutes before the kick-off.
Anybody who arrives later than 10.00.a.m. WILL be fined...whether they have an excuse or not ! (as far as I am concerned).

Alan Barnard, Jim Arrowsmith and Darryl Johnson are all away, so if any of the above 16 drop out, it will mean having to call up players who will only turn up if they are 'guaranteed' a game...and they will also need several days notice if they are needed.

Can Terry Moore please confirm that he will help me with the opening-up/nets job ?

Re: Squad For Sunday 20th December v. Yavruvatan (London Cup)

Im available

I'm fucking bang up for this one.....

Available

available

Available

available

Available

available

Available - However i am carrying 2 niggling injuries at the moment.

I am still waiting to hear from Steve Cokell, Terry Brown & Tem Adil.
Everybody else has confirmed on here or by text/e-mail.

As most of you have probably seen, the weather forecast from now until the middle of next week is snow and sub-zero temperatures.
It is very rare for Enfield Council to deem pitches unplayable themselves due to snow, and decisions on frozen pitches are always left to the Referee.
The situation for this match is that we must turn up whatever the conditions are like on the day. Yes, it's the same scenario as that East Herts match last season when we non-fulfilled.

If the Referee tells us to play on a frozen pitch and/or to get the broom(s) out of the changing rooms to clear the lines so that we can play, then we do it.
The Yavruvatan Secretary was very concerned that they have a severe backlog of League Fixtures because their Second Round match was postponed four times, so they will almost certainly be putting pressure on the Referee to play the game...just like East Herts did.
This time, we will NOT be bottling out !

As far as I am concerned, anyone who says they are not travelling because they would rather take a gamble that the game will be off should be fined £5.00 and dropped for the next match if the Referee deems the pitch playable.
If we non-fulfil this match, we will be fined a lot more heavily by the London F.A. than we were by the League for the East Herts match. We are talking in the region of about £150 !
We cannot afford that.

Steve Cokell is working this Sunday...probably fixing loads of burst water pipes ?
Still not heard from Tem or Terry Brown, but as long as one of them makes themselves available, we will have 14.

No sign of snow or frost this morning, but just a warning that if the game does get called off this Sunday, the London F.A. are likely to tell us to play on Sunday 3rd January.
That's because all other Sunday Leagues in the London area have fixtures on that date, and the only reason our League do not is because all Enfield & Broxbourne Council groundstaff have two weeks off over Xmas and will not be marking the lines out on any of their pitches. (This is why even though we have the keys, Enfield Council will not let us use Hazelwood on the 3rd January).

The London F.A. rules on postponements are that after two postponements, the third attempt is then switched to the Away Team's Home ground, so Sunday 3rd January would then be treated as a postponement and we would have to play at Waltham Forest F.C. (Yavruvatan's Home ground) on Sunday 10th January.
Although it is a Ryman League 'stadium' and very easy to get to, Yavruvatan play all their Home games at 2.00.p.m., so I suspect that could cause a problem for some of our players ?
They are also likely to suggest that because we can't use Hazelwood on the 3rd January, we play at Waltham Forest F.C. on that date instead and forego our Home advantage in order to ease any possible fixture congestion. Again, it would be a 2.00.p.m. kick-off though.

On Sunday 3rd January, it's West Ham v. Arsenal at 4.00.p.m., and on Sunday 10th January, it's Liverpool v. Spurs live on Sky at 4.00.p.m.

If players are going to have any problems with these arrangements, please let me know before this Sunday so that I can sort things out with our opponents and the London F.A. on Monday.

Hopefully the weather forecasters have got it wrong and we play this Sunday, but somehow I doubt it.

I would almost definately not be able to play the 3rd, not sure about the 10th, dont see why I wouldn't be available for that one.

I will be going to West Ham V Arsenal, and Lau, I know you'll probably give me earache but I doubt very much that I'll be available even though it is a 4pm kick off, for various reasons.

Lets hope it's on this week anyway.

Suffering with a slight back injury at the mo, will let you know nearer Sunday if still needed by then...

Available if needed.....

Replacing boilers is the rage at the moment!!