THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
want to be part of the team player's

Am Bright by name.17 year's of age.am new in edmoton i was in nortampton were i play with liberity star in league. one we are runner's up in league one..so ll would love to be part of the team if i ll have the chance ..thank

Bright

Re: want to be part of the team player's

Bright Amedu
Am Bright by name.17 year's of age.am new in edmoton i was in nortampton were i play with liberity star in league. one we are runner's up in league one..so ll would love to be part of the team if i ll have the chance ..thank

Bright

I have e-mailed you a form to fill in and e-mail back to me.

If any other new players want to join us who have not been brought along by any of our current players, they need to view the form here.

Please bear in mind that we only run one team and we have well over 30 players registered already !

are you sure this young man has a visa (not stolen)?

we had enough problems with George!!!!

know i dnt hv visa..am imigrant

jog on then

Errrr...hang on a minute here fellas !

I happened to speak to Bright on the phone and yes, his English is not too good.
However, that doesn't necessarily mean he is going to be another Juneka Junior and suddenly disappear when his visa runs out, thereby leaving us short of a very good midfield player !
Yes, I know we have also had one or two other players come over from abroad who have briefly played in 7-a-side League matches under 'false pretences' shall we say, but this smacks of unnecessary racism and stereotyping if you ask me.
I have no idea what Kizza must be thinking when he reads this !

I have told Bright that we have too many players for next season anyway and we prefer to get new players in who have been recommended by current players...e.g. Paul Duffy, Joe Ansell & Danny Bates as it stands at the moment.
There is little chance of outsiders coming in and getting a regular game next season to be honest and they would be better off looking here...as I have advised Bright to do.

However, don't forget that I took a chance with both Kizza and Danny Hagan, when like Bright, both e-mailed me out of the blue asking to join the club when they didn't know anybody, so sometimes it can pay off.
It would be foolish to just dismiss a potential new players' request just because their spelling and grammar is like this !
This is why I have done the 'New Player's Application Form'...so that I can 'fully investigate' players' backgrounds first.

but this smacks of unnecessary racism and stereotyping if you ask me.
I have no idea what Kizza must be thinking when he reads this !

Never laughed so much in my life!!! I am sure Kizza would be more pissed off that you are comparing him to a bloke who is an illegal immigrant!!

I am guessing you vote Labour!

Who mentioned illegal?

Not A Labour Voter
Who mentioned illegal?

Exactly !

if he aint got a visa then he is, stand bt my jog on

well said Lol.........apart from the Kizza bit (??!)
after all, we had osborn on the books for years and Bright is much erm Brighter by the looks of things

stu
well said Lol.........apart from the Kizza bit (??!)
The 'Kizza bit' was because whoever posted as 'immigration' was implying that all Africans who want to play for us are illegal immigrants who don't have a visa !

In addition to Kizza, don't forget the likes of Chidi & Eric Ibekwem, Treasure 'Tex' MacCarthy and Kini Ndoko.
All excellent club members in their time with us...and half-decent players as well.

Who said he was African? Who is assuming what? over and out.

u lot take the piss, it all uncall

Daniel d
u lot take the piss, it all uncall
It is definitely the case that whenever anybody posts a message on here who is not a club member, particularly when they are starting a thread, it will invariably get hi-jacked straight away by somebody taking the piss, but that's what most football Forums are like, Dan.

We have had 'outsiders' starting threads on here offering some useful services that could have been in the club's interest (e.g. TV companies, 5-a-side Tournaments, sponsorship opportunities, and particularly prospective new players), but they have all ended up being shot down in flames.

I think it is pretty obvious who posted as 'immigration'.
I don't think he has ever posted a 'serious' message on here !

Yes, I know I am guilty by doing this section on the website, but that's just taking the piss out of their spelling, grammar and naievity.

What's happened here on this thread is someone being blatantly labelled as an illegal immigrant just because he is African and doesn't speak much English.
It's the same sort of stereotyping I have to put up with when our players call me a paedophile just because I film kids football matches.
It's o.k. having a bit of banter and piss-taking, but some of our players over-step the mark too much in my opinion.

Fucking hell!! This has all got a bit deep!

Rob
Fucking hell!! This has all got a bit deep!
I know.
Bit worrying to be honest.

Great thread, Jog on!!

Bright fancy playing for Norsemen???

Yeah the 5th team need at least 2 more ex prem stars....

Bright seriously come and play for norsemen.we are a well mannered bunch of gentlemen and all newcomers are actually wanted and welcome. our first training session starts on monday. we play on saturday afternoons and have plenty of teams so you will get a game. if you want to come along just to see what its like on monday then just write back and im sure lol will pass on your contact details to me.

your a card scott!

I have just used my password to delete something I posted in another thread. (Don't worry...it was nothing controversial. )

While doing so, I decided to go into this thread and find out (by checking their I.P. address) who it was who started all this crap off by posting as 'immigration'. (Third message down).

I am glad to say that the 'culprit' is not a club member, so hopefully Daley can rest assured by that, as he seemed to be a bit concerned about what was being posted here ?
It certainly wasn't who I expected !