THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Rant About No Training

Just got back from training tonight...in fact, we didn't train at all !
It was just myself, Trevor, Wooly !, Tony King, Tem, Loveday & Danny Hagan...then as soon as Danny got out of his car, he tripped over a kerb in the dark and ended up with a suspected broken ankle !
Absolutely disastrous !
We therefore went straight home as it was pointless doing anything with only four fit players there. Terry Moore was also there to open the gates up and sort out the extra floodlights, but he couldn't train either because of a groin injury.

The reason I am having a rant is because numerous players couldn't be bothered to turn up without telling me they could not attend.
If they had informed me, I would then have known that only five players were coming and I would have called training off to save those five a wasted journey...and Danny a broken ankle.
I specifically e-mailed everybody and put messages on here asking for them to get in touch, but I heard nothing from the following players:
FOYSOL AHMED
TONY SPELLER
SIMON JACKSON
KIZZA
GREG CUMMINS
JOSH DUBERRY
JAMES WHITTICK
KRIS SPYROU
ARON WHITE
OZEL OZERMAN (Tem told me on the night, but I wanted to know IN ADVANCE!)

None of the above players have told myself or Trevor that they cannot come training whatsoever, so at the moment I have to assume they are coming training unless they tell me otherwise.
Several of them have even paid £25.00 Annual Subs which has contributed to us buying the portable floodlight, so I cannot understand their mentality as to why they are 'wasting' that money by not making an effort to turn up.

I can only assume that they check their e-mails only now and again (or have mine going unchecked into a Spam/Delete folder !?) and that they never/rarely look at this website or the Forum...but WHY ?!
Don't they WANT to play for the club ?
Obviously I am going to have to text them all tomorrow to find out. It looks like that's the only way most of them operate nowadays.
The club will have to pay for that.

I would prefer it if they could come on here and explain themselves though...and apologise to the five players who DID make an effort to attend.