THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Match Video Editing, Work Commitments & The Summer 7-a-Side League

The current situation regarding the editing & production of Match DVD's of our games so far this season (including Pre-Season Friendlies and Clip Of The Weeks) is that none of them will be done until November !

This is because I am currently editing a Youth Tournament that I filmed at West Ham during the Summer for Football For Fans which involved five cameramen filming 66 teams over six different age groups. It is a massive amount of work which I promised them I would have finished by mid-September, but I have 50 teams and four age groups still to do !

The reason for the delay is purely down to me having to attend every Rovers 7-a-side League match this Summer and invariably spending a whole day at a time chasing up players to play in games, not to mention washing the kit and updating the website afterwards.
As Trevor is also too busy with work commitments and holidays and no other Management Committee Members (who have a car) can attend 7-a-side matches either, we will not be entering the Summer 7-a-side League next year (on either night) !

I am now in a position where work has to come first during the Summer, as I cannot afford to lose the potentially lucrative job I have filming & editing Tournaments for Football For Fans. However, this will not affect my involvement with Rovers during the season and in attending Thursday Night Training Sessions.

Most of our players seem to prefer playing 5-a-Side at Powerleague (or wherever) after work during the Summer anyway, while we can now look at new players at training during the season.

As for the experiment with filming the Pre-Season Friendlies in high definition, unfortunately it is taking too long for me to work out how to edit the footage and produce DVD's properly, so those games will now have to be down-converted to standard definition and edited from that. All League games this season will now be filmed in standard definition (as I have been doing for the last few seasons anyway).

I will inform everybody (including our opponents, who are all asking for copies as usual) as soon as each match is edited and DVD's have been produced. I will probably edit everything in order of when the games were played, starting with the three Pre-Season Friendlies first.