THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Facebook

I have now updated the Player Profiles Page for the coming season (http://www.edmontonrovers.co.uk/The%20Present/player_profiles.htm) and added links to players' Facebook pages from there.

I am no expert at Facebook and rarely go on there, but I am assuming that the links will only work if the viewer is a Facebook member who is logged in to their account and has that particular player listed as a friend ?
Can I have some feedback as to whether that is the case and whether the links I have put in the Player Profiles work or not ?
(I am wondering if they are links that only work from my own Facebook account on my PC ?).

Presumably, if the player is not listed as a friend on the viewers' Facebook page/log-in, then a pop-up 'friend request' will appear ?
This was the case for me for a number of players, which (from what I can remember) included Darryl Johnson, Danny Green, Martin Loveday, Clark Williams and loads of ex-players who are too numerous to mention.

If those players (and ex-players) have Facebook pages but I have not given them a link yet, just send me a friend request on there and I will get it sorted.

I am also in the process of trying to get the website to open a new window when you click on links to other websites (e.g. Facebook) and for certain pages within the Rovers website.
This will mean you wont have to keep clicking on the 'Back' button all the time or re-opening the site when you accidentally close the window after you have viewed an external link.

More website improvements coming soon.
Keep checking the Home Page for details.