THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Squad For Tuesday 29th April Away to St. Margaretsbury

Well then guarantee him a game, better we have the numbers. I am happy to sub to make sure we have 11.

After all that...Kizza has dropped out (again) !

His latest text message reads: 'sorry to confirm I can't play. My footy bag is at home. my boss needs me til 6 as I told him I was not in the squad last night n can't leav erly now. Good luck. kiz

I have now texted Kris and told him he is definitely needed.

Junior defintely is not playing so get Chris along. There is a stand there (or was when I last played for them!) & the dugouts are fine too.

Just had a text from Kizza - he is definitely not playing either - he hasn't got his kit with him & he can't get out of work till 6pm.

How do we stand now?

I am not calling the game off yet...if that's what you are getting at !?

To be honest, I haven't got a clue how many we have got when people keep pissing me about on the day of the match.

Not getting at anything - just interested in how many we got

Tem has now dropped out as well.
He has just texted me to say he has a stomach bug.

We are now relying on Rob Brown to play in order to field a bare eleven (including Kris).
Rob has just texted me to say that he will get a train there, but he might have to drop out at the last minute as his neck is still not right.

The only other possibilities are:
Stuart Dorward (playing through the pain barrier), Daniel Daley, Scott Jenkins and/or Steve Cokell (If they would rather play than watch Man United...highly unlikely, and D.J. seems to think Steve is on holiday anyway),
Simon Glennie (Has he got his boots at work, Conor ?),
Foysol (I have just texted him, but I expect he will have driving lessons already booked),
Robin (Said he would need a day's notice though),
Gary Cokell (Working/babysitting ?)

I will bring my boots, but I won't last 5 minutes.
I would much rather video the game

If we have to play with 10 then so be it, DO NOT call the game off.

Absloutely !

Gary Cokell can't help out. He has just started the evening bus-driving shift.

I'm happy playing with however many to be honest, we've got some good players avaialable, and we might even be able to get a result with 9 or 10 (although it still seems that we're likely to get 11).

Foysol is still injured and can't help out tonight, but he will be available for 7-a-side on Thursdays in a couple of weeks time.

I agree with Barney. At least we have got 11 decent players tonight !

Have we or haven't we?

I'll play with 9 or 10 but it gets silly anything below that & it's big pitch over there.

Whats Daleys number?

I've already tried Glennie but thats a no go.

What about Cokell - have you rung him?

Has Scott Jenkins confirmed?

Daley won't answer his phone (and decide if he is playing or not) until he finishes work. I don't know when that is.

If Steve Cokell is not replying to e-mails and texts (which has been the case for the last two weeks), what's the point of phoning him ?
He is obviously either on holiday or is too busy with work & family commitments and doesn't want to know.

Danny Green was supposed to be letting us know what Scott Jenkins is doing, but Barney can chase him up. He was going to give him a lift on Sunday, so he obviously knows him better than I do. I haven't even spoken to the bloke yet !

"I have told Jim Arrowsmith he is not needed as Conor is now 'fit' again.
Jim will be playing 7-a-side on Thursday night."

WHAT ABOUT ASKING JIM AGAIN??

The point is you ring these people & ask if they are playing - simple! It's put's an end to all this speculation.

E-mail me Scott Jenkins, Steve Cokell & Daleys numbers please.

Hang on a minute, I don't really know Scott either! Best bet is for Loveday to get hold of him (if possible) to see if he can or can't make it.

There's no way we're going to have less than 10 as far as I can see, as we've got 10 reliables plus Rob / Scott / Daley, who I hope will play if it makes up the bare 11.

Darryl, Loveday, Terry, Barney, Danny Hagan, Tony King, Conor, Nick, Warmers & Kris.

Plus Rob, and possibly Scott & Daley if they're around around.

Can someone confirm that Kris has been contacted and told that he's needed? Also, are we 100% sure about Warmers, as he's the only one that hasn't replied to this thread at one point or another?

Assuming they're both OK, we've got 10 minimum.

I just contacted Loveday, who has confirmed that Scott is working, so we can rule him out. We now have 10 definites (assuming Warmers and Kris are fine), 1 probably in Rob and 2 possibles in Daley and Steve Cokell.

Steve Cokell has just texted me to say he played in an 11-a-side Friendly on Sunday but his foot is still too sore for him to play tonight.
In hindsight, he could have played in that second match on Sunday for us then !!!?

Jim Arrowsmith was available initially, but is now working in Swindon this week. I knew that on Friday but forgot to put it on this thread. (It is on the Fixtures page though).

Kris knows he is definitely needed, although he hasn't texted me back yet to confirm whether he is going straight there or meeting at the Southbury.

Warmers is definitely playing. He texted me this morning. He will drive straight there (as is Darryl).

It's only myself, Trev, Barney & Danny Hagan meeting at the Southbury as far as I know.
Nick is the only one who I don't know the travel arrangements for, but he told Trev on Sunday 'see you Tuesday', so I don't think he will let us down.

Trev, have you read through all these messages yet ?!

PHONE DALEY OR GIVE ME HIS NUMBER!

Rob Brown is the one we need confirmation on, with him we have 11.

Good news...for a change !
Clark's foot operation was cancelled on Thursday, so he can play tonight.
He might be there slightly late as his wife doesn't get home from work until 6.30.p.m., but he only lives 5 minutes away from the ground.
He will definitely be there before 7.00.

I love it when a plan comes together!!!

i've text Rob and will let you know

rob not 100% fit but will be there

Bet it's rained off after all this!

I had to go into the Forum settings and extend the view per page from 50 messages to 100 !

By far the longest thread ever for a match !?

1 2