THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For Our Next Pre-Season Friendly (Sunday 26th August)

The squad for our Pre-Season Friendly Away to Abbey Youth Old Boys this coming Sunday is currently as follows (Subject to availability):
Simon Jackson (GK), Terry Moore, Paul Woolston, Robin Pryke, Tony Speller, Steve Cokell, Danny Hagan, Daniel Daley, Tony King, Foysol Ahmed, Nick Vertigans, Tem Adil, Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo, Conor Mc,Govern, Stuart Byhurst, Simon Glennie & anybody else who might be available who wants to play.

Stuart Byhurst & Simon Glennie are work colleagues of Conor Mc,Govern's. Stuart is an ex-Semi-Pro midfielder who played in a 7-a-side League match about a month ago, and Simon is a 25-year-old left-back who has previously played in University football.

Derek and Stuart Dorward are both on holiday for this match, Alan Barnard & Leon Mc,Kenzie-Mc,Kay are both away for the weekend, Clark Williams has more family commitments, and Peter Murphy is still out with a heel injury.

We will be meeting at the Southbury Leisure Centre at 9.30.a.m. for anybody who needs a lift or to follow in convoy.

Re: Squad For Our Next Pre-Season Friendly (Sunday 26th August)

I'm in

There are a few alterations to the squad now.

Danny Hagan has just dropped some planks of wood on his foot at work and is out for at least two weeks.
Simon Glennie is also unavailable, as is Jim Arrowsmith (although he might play at the last minute to help out if we end up with only a bare eleven).

I haven't heard anything from Nick Vertigans yet (he said he would let us know if he is playing or not), but Chris 'Nugget' Beeden and Ozel Ozerman are now coming along to have a run-out at some stage, Oz possibly as a left-back !
Oz's mate Will Smith (the Peter Crouch look-alike who played 7-a-side for us on Thursday night) might also be coming along.

Russell (aka Tarby for those new players that don't know him yet) is also coming along on Sunday to help Trev out on the touchline.

I might come over and watch Sunday, i'll bring my kit just in case.

Stuart Byhurst has now dropped out due to family commitments.

We are now down to roughly 11 definites and 7 might be's (including Junior). The might be's are mainly people who have said they will come along and play 'if needed', but that they might not bother if they know we have got 11 and they think they will only get half a game.

It will be the usual scenario of everybody making up their minds between 12.00.mid-day and 8.00.p.m. tomorrow when I am working and cannot get on the internet or phone/text people.

There's no need to panic yet though. I think we will have 12 or 13 there on Sunday, which will be good enough.
If we have 6 or 7 subs, I'm sure Trev will try and give them a game at some stage.