THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thanks guys.

Well thanks chaps for making the long trek to the back woods to play us.

A pretty good game in which the final score did not reflect the true story of the game- I feel a 5-5 draw may have been a fairer reflection of the game.

Good to see Rovers with a strong team this year as I know that things have been a bit topsy turvy the last couple of terms.

I reckon with the players you have and some of the stay aways from Sunday you have a good chance at some silverware(at last!)

Glad a few of you made it down the local for a Pizza slice or Sandwich.

Good luck for the season and I promise I will pop down to cheer you chaps on during the oncoming season.

Thanks to Trev - (looking more like James May from Top Gear) Lol - ( still looking like a young Monty Burns)

Re: Thanks guys.

Cheers Shaun.

I'm pretty confident of some silverware this season, but we all know it's only going to happen if we can find a decent keeper who can play every week.
Jacko (our keeper yesterday if you didn't know him) is missing the whole of September and then from December onwards due to family commitments, while Darryl (who I think you know ?) is out indefinitely with a broken thumb.
If we have outfield players in goal every week, then we are always going to lose crucial games, even if we have a quality side out on the pitch.

Obviously after your performance against us yesterday, our players who have never seen you play before (i.e. all of them except Speller) were well impressed.
If you can't play for us yourself, maybe you know a decent keeper you could put our way ?
I'm sure you will put in a good word about us ?

Thanks Shaun.

It was a good performance by us even though it was a disappointing result.

Although we don't do marks for the opposition you would have got a 9 because you got nowhere near the first penalty and there was one fumble which we were unable to capitalise on. Nevertheless, several quality saves. I understand Arsenal are looking for a new keeper!

Cheers Trev

1) 1st Pen was excellent and nobody would have saved.
2) Fumble - mmmmmmm body behind the ball as it skipped off the turf( a point Mr Lehman could well do with paying attention to.

However you mark of 9 is fair as I don't think I ever got a 9 playing for you chaps.

Maybe we could make it an annual fixture- sometimes we do a BBQ and a few beers ( if weather good) put a trophy up for grabs.

Maybe the "Russell Beaden expanding waistline memorial trophy"

:)