THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For Our Next 7-a-Side Match (Thursday 16th August)

The squad for our match against K & M Old Boys this Thursday (7.00.p.m. kick-off) is as follows (depending on availability):
A mate of Foysol Ahmed's or Martin Loveday ? (GK), Alan Barnard, Andrew Warmerdam, Mark Dyer, Clark Williams, Foysol Ahmed, Kris Spyrou, Tony King & Tem Adil.

However, if any other players are available who did not play on Monday or in our 11-a-side Pre-Season Friendly last Sunday (including any prospective new players), then they will replace Tony King and/or Tem Adil in the squad for this match.

In addition to that, Jim Arrowsmith (from A.F.C. Bush Hill Park) and Terry Moore (who played on Monday night) are also available to play if we are short.

Robin Pryke is still on holiday for this match, while my torn hamstring from Sunday's match means I will not be able to go in goal for the rest of the Summer (thank goodness !).

Re: Squad For Our Next 7-a-Side Match (Thursday 16th August)

I'm more than happy to play.

I'll text people tomorrow to see if they are playing or not.
I don't think they are going to answer on here.
Clark and Foysol are not on the internet for a start.

At the moment (9.00.a.m.), I haven't really got a clue what the squad is.
We could end up with as many as 12 players there because people who 'might be' playing tonight are not texting or e-mailing me back.

At the moment then, I will have to say that Tem, Tony King, Terry Moore & Jim Arrowsmith are all needed, together with a goalkeeper (either Martin Loveday or Dave Wetton if Barney/Jim can arrange that ?).
If Foysol turns up with his goalkeeper mate, then Trev will have to sort things out.

Warmers is definitely playing (albeit turning up 'right on the kick-off'), but Mark Dyer (still injured) and Kris Spyrou ('Can't make it') are not.

I would still like Tem to bring Shen Plumb along tonight if he is available.

Foysol has now confirmed that he is playing and bringing his goalkeeper mate (Matt Henry).

No need to bring Dave Wetton then, but if Martin Loveday fancies a game as an outfield player, he can do so.

How many does that make? I'm happy to play unless you have like 9?

Lol,

My knees are still stiff from Monday due to that hacker at the back. So if you have more than enough players i'll drop out, i'd prefer to be sorted for Sunday.

Let me know.

Have just e-mailed Barney about this.

The problem at the moment is that Tem doesn't appear to have access to the internet or his mobile phone until about 5.00.p.m., so I don't know whether he and/or his mate Shen Plumb are intending playing tonight.

Jim, if you don't want to play tonight in case we end up with 9, that's not a problem as we still have enough available without you.
I was going to leave Tony King out, but he doesn't mind being informed one way or the other at fairly short notice.

If Tem and Shen don't play, we might end up with only 7 including Warmers, who is not going to get there until after the kick-off.
Trev can have a run-out for 5 minutes (in his glasses) though.

Just seen Tony's message.

Jim...when do you need to know by if you are needed or not ?
Is 5.15.p.m. ish too late ?

We definitely need Tony for Sunday.

I've cancelled running so i'll play now if thats ok?

That hacker at the back hopefully won't be playing for us anymore - it was a terrible challenge.

Yes, that's fine Jim. See you there.

Shame about the 'hacker at the back' on Monday. It was a really good game apart from that. Very good standard as well.

By the way, I have just put a bit on the Latest Club News page about the current standings in the 7-a-side League.
Some interesting stuff there, so please can all players have a read before tonight and/or next Monday if they can ?
Tonight's match is actually quite an important game !

Tony, just to confirm you are not needed for tonight.
See you on Sunday.

Tem is now unavailable for tonight (and on Sunday) as he has a new job at Tesco's working nightshifts.

This also applies to most Sunday mornings for the coming season and it also presumably means that his mate Shen Plumb will not be joining us ?

We are down to a bare seven for tonight now and there is no way I am playing with a torn hamstring if Warmers turns up after the kick-off.
If somebody else can play to help us out at short notice, then great.