THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For Our Next 7-a-Side Match (Thursday 26th July)

The squad for our first Thursday Night 'Plate League' match against International this Thursday (7.00.p.m. kick-off) is currently as follows:
A proper 'keeper (Hopefully) or Laurence Hughes (More Likely), Robin Pryke, Alan Barnard, Andrew Warmerdam, Clark Williams, Mark Dyer, Foysol Ahmed (If he has recovered from injury and is not working in his new take-away shop ?) & then two more from the following possibles (In order of preference and if they actually want to or are available to play):
Paul Ellerker, Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo, Kris Spyrou, Conor Mc,Govern, Stuart Byhurst, Chris 'Nugget' Beeden, Danny Hare, and then any players from the Monday Night squad who want to play both nights (e.g. Tony King & Tem Adil).

Re: Squad For Our Next 7-a-Side Match (Thursday 26th July)

Foysol is not playing (busy in his takeway I think ?), and it looks like the only one out of those possibles who might be able to play is Kris. (I am still waiting for him to text me back).
The others are all on holiday, working late or have 'disappeared'.

We will therefore defintely need Tony King, and if Tem can play again as well, that should mean that myself or Trevor won't have to play as outfield players !

I am not sure if Warmers is available either, and I have no idea if anyone has found someone to play in goal instead of me.

Hi Lol, will not be able to make it tonight. It's my girlfriends birthday today and we're going out for a meal.

Mark Dyer has just dropped out as well. (Working late).

Warmers is playing, but we have only got 5 at the moment, which is me in goal, then Warmers, Robin, Barney & Clark.

I am not calling the game off.
We will play with 6 (including Trev) if we have to.

We are now down to 4 (or 5 if Trev plays).
Warmers is now babysitting tonight.

Oh Dear

...and it will be even worse next Thursday (another 7.00.p.m. kick-off), as I'm on holiday and Robin is working.

I say we play with a flat back 4, and go for the 0-0.

I've asked a couple of people if they can play, but haven't heard anything back yet.

Tem has texted me to say he can play tonight and he has asked a couple of his mates to play as well.
Like you Barney, he is waiting for them to confirm.

If your two mates both play and Tem's two mates both play, then I make it we have got a squad of 8 (not including me).
One of Tem's mates is a goalkeeper called 'David'. (I have no idea how good he is). The other one he is trying to bring along tonight is Ed (a.k.a. Ediz Mehmet).
If Ed plays 'sh!t' (again), then I will come on as a sub for him !

Barney has got Jim Arrowsmith from Edmonton Cricket Club and A.F.C. Bush Hill Park (a Monday Night Team) to play, so that's six definites including me.

If Tem can get that keeper ('Dave') to play, I will then play out on pitch and Trev and/or Ed can come on as a sub for me when I get knackered.

If 'Dave' plays in goal and two more 'proper' players can play at the last minute (Kris and Nugget are the only possibles who might do that), then myself, Trevor and Ed will not play any part in the match as we only need 8.
Jim Arrowsmith wants to play a full match, which is fair enough as far as I am concerned. Nugget will definitely need a breather every 5 minutes if he turns up to play !!!?

Ed has got back to me, he can't play tonight and I cant get hold of Dave either!

O.K.
So that's a formation as follows then: ?

L.HUGHES (GK)
T.HUGHES A.BARNARD
R.PRYKE C.WILLIAMS T.ADIL
J.ARROWSMITH

Subs. None !

What is Tim Beeden doing ?
Can't he play in goal ?!

I can tell you all now that I am going to be well pissed off playing in goal with Trev having the chance to play out on pitch ahead of me when he can't even run.
Don't expect me to save anything. I really can't be arsed.

hey
I just got back from a wedding a couple of hrs ago but can play tonite if I can get a lift

Definitely.
I will pick you up at 6.15.p.m. normal place.