THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Goal Of The Season Voting

As there are loads of current players who are not coming to the A.G.M.., the Management Committee (except Trev, who is too busy to reply to my e-mails) have decided they can enter the Goal Of The Season voting competition by viewing the goals online and then texting or e-mailing their 1st, 2nd & 3rd choices to me any time between now and 6.00.p.m. on Saturday.
Players who are currently 'might be's for attending the A.G.M. can also do this.

£2.00 will then be added onto their subs owed, and their votes will be included in the competition on the night. (For those that don't know how it works, the player whose votes are nearest to my own 1st, 2nd & 3rd choices wins half of the money collected in).

The only problem will be if there is more than one winner, as normally we ask the winners if they want to share the money or for us to pull out (while 'blindfolded') one sole winner from the winning tickets.
Because we didn't do online voting last year, we only had 10 entries, but this year we could have as many as 30 if those who are not coming send me a texted or e-mailed vote. That means there is more chance of more than one person getting their votes correct.

Because we don't have PayPal (or something similar) set up on this website, we can't ask outsiders or ex-club members who we rarely see nowadays to vote online, as we are not going to get their £2.00 entry fee, so unfortunately we can only allow those who are going to play for us next season (or are currently playing 7-a-side) to vote this way.

The 10 candidates for Goal Of The Season are all now on the website at http://www.edmontonrovers.co.uk/The%20Videos/goal_of_the_season.htm , so get viewing & voting now !

Re: Goal Of The Season Voting

How about posting the club account details and getting them to pay it in via BACS? Or does that sound a bit too much like overkill?

Re: Goal Of The Season Voting

Don't know about overkill. It sounds more like a bit of a security risk to me !
Maybe that's one for the Treasurer or one of the many bank workers we have in the club to answer ?