THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A.G.M. Saturday 21st July 2007

I need confirmation of all those attending the A.G.M. so that I can purchase the appropriate amount of refreshments. It would be useful, and also make this thread more interesting, to have an indication of how much you are intending to consume.

Re: A.G.M. Saturday 21st July 2007

Trev...from the replies I have received so far, it is as follows:

'SHOULD BE's'
Myself, Stuart (Dorward), Mark Dyer (After Cricket ?), Warmers, Barney (After Cricket), Tim Beeden (After Cricket), Jacko (After Cricket), Daniel Daley (So he says ! )

'MIGHT BE's'
Terry Moore (Moving House)

'WON'T BE's
Nick Vertigans (Abroad), Paul Ellerker (Abroad), Tony King (Moving House)

HAVE NOT SAID ANYTHING YET
Conor
Tem
Foysol (Who said he will arrange chicken & pizza deliveries but didn't say anything about attending himself !)
Gary Cokell
Steve Cokell (I have no idea when he gets back from his Honeymoon...might not be until the day of the A.G.M. ?)
Del
Danny Hagan
Darryl
Murf
Kizza
Robin
Speller
Kris
Clark
Wooly
Stuart Byhurst
Ritchie
Junior
Tarby
Osborn, Rebairo, Scott, Muzza (& various other ex-players & hangers-on who sometimes come).

Some of the above almost certainly haven't said anything yet because they are waiting to see what others are doing and will then follow like sheep (the usual Rovers scenario ! )

I am not coming if my mate Tarby doesn't go.

Sorry! Can't make it! Away for weekend.

am i still invited as an ex player???
nuggett

Sorry cant make it, would love to be there.
Regards
Gary Warner
Senior Private Banker
ANZ Private Bank
10/530 Collins Street
Melbourne 3000
Australia

Tel: +613 9273 2416 Fax: +613 9273 1088
Mobile: +61403 357 556
email: warnerg1@anz.com

Sorry, only just seen this...anyhow, I would estimate I will be imbibing around 8-10 pints this coming Saturday night but hold on, Trev, no need to whisk yourself down Unwins in search of a lager laden discount for, sadly, I will be imbibing at another venue...baaa, baaa...

Nugget, you are always welcome.

Any news from Tarby?

Good to hear from a name from the past in Gary Warner. Not much commitment though; it's only a 24 hour flight.

I'm in.

I'll bethere also

I'm in after cricket

In addition to Speller & Murf, Tem, Danny Hagan and Robin have all now confirmed that they will NOT be attending the A.G.M., but Del and Foysol ARE and Clark 'might be' (as far as I know ?).

I still haven't heard anything from Conor, Wooly, Darryl and the Cokells, although my Yahoo Mail address is not working properly and loads of e-mails have not been delivered to me in the past two weeks. (Some sort of national spam/virus problem with Yahoo Mail at the moment apparently).

If any of those five have e-mailed me to say whether they are coming to the A.G.M. or not, please either text me, leave a message here or phone/text/e-mail Trevor instead.

At the moment it looks as if we will probably have about 10-12 there on Saturday, with only myself and Trevor there until 9.00.p.m., then everybody else turning up between 9.00. & 10.30.p.m. after cricket...or 10 pints down The Beehive/Stag & Hounds/On Broadway/Taps first. (Same as last season's A.G.M.).

Unfortunately, the days of virtually ALL of our players turning up to the A.G.M. (as used to happen in the 80's & 90's) are long gone, but we will get on with it nonetheless. (It is F.A. rules that we have one).

My internet connection is also playing up this morning !
In the 10 minutes it look for that last posting to load, Conor confirmed his availability.

Another thing to add...I have received everyone's votes for Players Player Of The Year (from those eligible to vote) except for Tem, Del, Conor & Nick.
If any of those four have e-mailed me their votes, then I have not received them because of this Yahoo Mail problem.
Can they therefore TEXT me their 1st, 2nd & 3rd choices instead ?
If they can do this today, I will then have all the votes in and I might be able to get the winners' name engraved on the trophy BEFORE the A.G.M. this time.

I will now get on with doing the Goal Of The Season DVD.
Just to say on that...I have 18 contenders for the Top 10 this season, compared to only 12 the season before.
There are definitely going to be players complaining that I have left certain goals out, and in some cases they might even think that a goal I leave out of the 10 should be the overall winner ! (I have had that happen before ).
One example of this is the own goal by the Frenford keeper in the London Cup back in September where Nick Vertigans hit a first-time screamer from 35 yards which almost certainly would have been Goal Of The Season had it gone straight in, but it hit the bar, then went in off the keeper for a confirmed Own Goal.
In my opinion we cannot have an Own Goal in our Goal Of The Season competition, so I am leaving that one out, but I suspect some people might disagree !?

Another one I am leaving out (because I think there are at least 10 better goals !) is one that Stuart scored at Home to St. Margaretsbury in the Cup where he lashed the ball in from an acute angle and seemed to be claiming 'Goal Of The Season' afterwards ?. It was a good move, but then just a scramble in the area before the ball fell to him. It also looked crap on video because there were too many players in the way and you can't see the ball going into the net.

Another thing I try to do with the Goal Of The Season Top 10 is make sure that as many different players as possible are featured.
From the 18 possibles I have listed, I could name 4 by Del, 4 by Stuart and 2 by Conor, but I think that would be 'boring'.
Goals by Tony King, Murf, Steve Cokell and Nick Vertigans (another one) will all be included, even though it's possible that goals by Del, Stuart and Conor may have been marginally better.

I honestly haven't got a clue what my Top 3 are yet though.
Trev no longer 'co-judges' because he doesn't have time.

What one was that? Getting old so memory fading. Stick it on clip o' the week if you get a chance Lol.

Re: Re: A.G.M. Saturday 21st July 2007

Should be there. I will not know until that evening.

Trev, I now make it 15 'Should Be's and 6 'Might Be's.

Some of the 'Should Be's' are not drinking though.

You can now make that 13 'Should Be's' and 7 'Might Be's'.