THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Video Notes

I have now finished editing the footage from Sunday's Friendly against Flamstead End.
Pics are now included with the match report and Del's first goal is currently showing as Clip Of The Week.
I didn't realise that Del's second goal was just as good as his first though...a quality 5-man move and a great run and finish from Terry's through ball.
I'll show that one next week now we haven't got a game this Sunday. (I won't be filming training !)

Another thing I noticed about Del's performance was that every corner he took was excellent and picked somebody out or put their keeper under pressure.

The only mark I changed was Warmers...down from 6.5 to a 6.
I heard Trev say that Warmers played a full match in midfield for Cuffley the day before and it definitely looked as if he was struggling with his fitness on Sunday.
Terry Moore was also a bit below par defensively (compared to normal) and that looked suspiciously like it should have been a penalty late in the 2nd half when he brought down their No.7 !

Regarding their goal, we all blamed Stuart, but Jon Rice was caught on his heels a bit. However, their No.11 (who scored) was by far their best player and I noticed it was only 2-1 to us when he went off injured.

Jon made some good saves for us and we can't fault his shot-stopping, while his height was a great advantage for us when Oz has been our only other option in Darryl's absence.
I think he could be a good keeper with some proper coaching on things such as footwork, positioning and how/when to claim crosses, etc. and I hope he can come along to training this Sunday as he will really benefit from that.