THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Goal Of The Season

Just to explain my choice of 1-2-3...

I had Conor's Goal H (scissors kick) first because it was a good move and good finish, with all three players involved (Paul Ellerker, Steve Cokell and Conor) doing a quality piece of play and nobody from the defending side at fault.

Yes, Paul Ellerker's left-footed volley (Goal G) was the best finish, but Conor ruined the initial move by tackling himself and then doing an aimless cross which was fortunately headed back out to Paul.

Stuart's goal against Trent Park (Arkay)(Goal F) was third because it was another good move with good skill by us all round, but the keeper was crap !

Goals A,B, & C were nowhere near as good as the other seven, and in fact goals D to J were all excellent and it took me some time to decide which ones from those to leave out of the top three.
Steve Cokell voted for Goal I (Nick's against London Ajax) and quite a few people voted for that in 2nd or 3rd place. However, one of their defenders slipped over, which made that goal a bit easier to score than some of the others.

It was interesting that quite a few people didn't vote for Conor's Goal H at all.
I think that was because of the lack of reaction/cheering when the ball went in (we were 3-0 down at the time), and also because people are fed up with Conor scoring and like seeing someone else who doesn't normally score (e.g. Paul Ellerker) get the glory !?

Re: Goal Of The Season

Yeah! Boooo to Conor! I hate watching him score too!