THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AGM

;/... bn

Text deleted

Re: AGM

Please ..........can't you just go back to bed H!!! I didnt get in till 3.45!

Text deleted

How did it go last night? Who copped the gongs? Has Harry gone to sleep yet?

Only 12 there (as I predicted ! ) including myself & Trev, although Foysol phoned me at 9.55.p.m. in the middle of the Presentations/Agenda as if he was lost. It came up as missed call as I had my phone on silent.
Speller & Darryl were the only ones who didn't make it from the 'Should Be/Might Be's'.

Foysol won the Most Improved Player Award and you won the Clubman Award, Murf (mainly for doing the match reports and travelling all the way from Billericay).
Whether you and Foysol would have made an effort to attend if we had informed you of that in advance I don't know, but we have always preferred it to be a surprise on the night and it's always a bit disappointing when award winners can't attend and receive the acclaim of their team-mates.

However, it was a really good meeting in respect of everybody acknowledging the fact that virtually all of our players are now at the age where family, social & work commitments are more important and that we MUST be positive and work round those problems....and things that were discussed last night mean that we WILL.
(I will explain in detail when I update the website this evening).

Murf, yourself and Foysol will receive your awards at the first League game on Sunday 3rd September.

The awards presented last night to those that were there were:
Players' Player Of The Year...Terry Moore (Won by 11 points over Stuart, and you were 3rd in that, Murf. )
Manager's Player Of The Year...Paul Ellerker
Top Goalscorer...Conor Mc,Govern
100 Matches Awards...Paul Ellerker & Paul Woolston
Goal Of The Season Winner...Goal H (Conor v. Brox. Rangers O.B.) and Nick Vertigans won the voting comp. for that by getting my 1,2,3 exactly right. (H,G,F).

We also announced a new Management Committee of:
Myself...Chairman & Secretary
Trevor...Team Manager & Treasurer
Stuart...Club Captain
Conor...Assistant Secretary
Wooly...Assistant Manager
Speller...Player's Rep.

I left at 12.15.a.m. and left the Dorwards, Wooly, Terry, Conor & Paul Ellerker there to drink the house dry ?! Everyone else left at about 12.00., but we had a good night.

Trev will post a message here later.

Our A.G.M. was held on Saturday in the Snooker Room with an attendance of 12. Many thanks to all those who attended being Laurence Hughes, Steve Cokell, Derek Dorward, Stuart Dorward, Paul Ellerker, Simon Jackson, Conor McGovern, Terry Moore, Nick Vertigans, Andrew Warmerdam and Paul Woolston. It was unfortunate that trophy winners, Peter Murphy, Clubman and Foysol Ahmed, Most Improved Player were unable to attend but 100 matches awards were collected by Paul Ellerker and Paul Woolston. For the first time we decided to have a trophy for Manager’s Player of the Year and I awarded it to Paul Ellerker. Paul missed 9 matches last season and our record in those matches was Won 0, Drew 2, Lost 7 with 3 goals For and 26 goals Against. The matches in which he played included 6 wins and 4 draws. The 5 defeats were firstly a pre season friendly against Risden Wood that we lost 9-0 and Paul didn’t even remember playing – I wonder if he was as hungover as certain other members of our squad that day. We also lost two cup ties 3-1 against Premier Division Lea Valley Royals and 4-3 A.E.T. in the London Cup. The two league defeats he played in were a 2-1 defeat against Trent Park which was a last minute winner and 4-2 against Broxbourne Rangers Old Boys when we dominated the match and Paul was man of the match. For these reasons I felt that Paul was the most important player in the style of football I wanted to play. I was delighted that Terry Moore picked up the Players’ Player of the Year award as he played in more matches and was very consistent throughout the season.
Speeches from Laurence, Stuart and myself all called for more consistency next season as we know we can beat anyone on our day with a full strength squad.
The last of the drink was consumed at 3.15 a.m. when minicabs were called and I could tidy up the empty bottles. It was not a club record but Tarby wasn’t there!

Thanks guys! Congratulations to Tel (who wants to be a right back when you can be player of the season at left back?!), Paul and Foyz....sorry I couldn't be there (sounds a bit like This Is Your Life)....looking forward to the new season...

Cheers fellas,

Murf