THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Old Edmontonians

I've started a new thread on this, as it will get 'lost' otherwise, but I have just had a chat with Terry Moore via e-mail (he cannot access the Forum) about our players playing for Old Edmontonians on Saturdays next season in order to get a game if they are rarely in the starting line-up for us on Sundays, or like Tom & Ed, have no real prospect of getting a game for us on Sundays.

(For those that don't know, Terry will be Old Edmontonians 3rd XI captain next season and they run five teams in total).

Here is what Terry has to say about it:
' Thanks Laurence, it has been something I've been thinking about during the summer. Old Eds are always looking for players as we've had money issues recently and the extra subs is very welcome. Could you let me know what replies you've got towards the end of the week; we've got a meeting on Tuesday 9th to sort out players/squads for next season so I can confirm that there'll be room for 4 or 5 new players. Obviously I know about Tom's standard, but even the likes of Colin and Ritchie would probably be looking at 4th/5th team football as the first 3 teams are looking fairly strong for the coming season. Having said that, it's like any club; you have hundreds of players in August willing to play; by Xmas, you end up playing with 10 men half the time!
We should be having intra-club friendlies at the start of September; 3's v 4's, 4's v 5's, that sort of thing.'

As Terry cannot reply here, I strongly suggest that Tom, Ed and the others (if they are interested) e-mail Terry (at Terry.Moore@bpb.barclays.com) before the weekend and he can then make arrangements with them.

If they play for Old Edmontonians on Saturdays, it does NOT mean their registrations are cancelled with us for Sundays, but there may be a problem if they have to pay £25.00 Annual Subs for us AND 'x amount' of Annual Subs for Old Eds as well.
I think this is going to have to be discussed at the A.G.M.