THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for next 7-a-side match (Thursday 3rd August)

Our squad (of 9) for our match against 'Old Boys' (formerly The Kings) this coming Thursday is as follows:
Rob Abrahams (GK), Paul Woolston, Terry Moore, Stuart Dorward, Foysol Ahmed, Tony King, Kris Spyrou, Conor Mc,Govern & Derek Dorward (who has just confirmed he is available for the next two Thursdays, so I have put him in instead of Boyd Mc,Taggart as he needs some practice).

Alan Barnard is the only regular player unavailable for this match at the moment.

Don't forget that this match is now a 7.00.p.m. kick-off and it is a game we HAVE to win if we want to qualify for the Top 6 and play against the better teams for the rest of the Summer.
Please make every effort to get off working overtime !!!?

If anybody has to drop out, we have a couple of prospective new players I would like to use (if they are available), but they may need a days' notice.

Re: Squad for next 7-a-side match (Thursday 3rd August)

Rob Abrahams has now decided to play Saturday football with Haringey Borough but they train on Thursday nights, so he can no longer play in our Thursday night 7-a-side games (starting from tomorrow).

I have e-mailed Darryl but had no reply yet.
I would prefer Darryl in goal seeing as he played in our last match and kept a clean sheet !, but if Simon, Jon Rice and Oz could all indicate on here whether they are available to play tomorrow night at short notice, that would be helpful.

Rob is available to play in 11-a-side Friendlies on Sunday 13th & 27th August, and he is also happy to play 7-a-side on Monday 21st August when Oz is on holiday (unless he has training or a match with Haringey Borough).
He is still undecided about signing up to play for us in the Mercury Waltham League though...as are several outfield players at the moment.

Darryl doesn't think he will be able to get out of work in time and has suggested we use one of the other keepers tomorrow.

First one to come on here and declare their availability gets the job !

Still no keeper for tonight.
I don't have mobile phone numbers for Oz (seems to have changed his !?) or Jon Rice and they are not replying to e-mails.

We will have to rely on Darryl getting off work in time, otherwise an outfield player will have to volunteer.

Jons working till 9 tonight so he won't be able to play.

Lost 4-3 because we didn't have a keeper.

Oh well. Nothing changes I suppose.

Re: Re: Squad for next 7-a-side match (Thursday 3rd August)

Lol, sorry, i've just picked up your message. I didn't get out of work 'till after half seven last night. By the time i would have got there it would have been long finished.