THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
London Cup Draw

Have just received the London F.A. Sunday Intermediate Cup Draw for next season.

Virtually everybody has a Bye in the First Round, then in the Second Round, we are Away to Frenford Sunday on Sunday 17th September (when Conor and Stuart are both on holiday ? )
Their Home Ground is right next to Fairlop Tube Station in Barkingside, which is reasonably easy to get to (especially for Wooly & Murf).
Frenford Sunday play in the Senior (Top) Division of the Essex Sunday Corinthian League in which they finished third last season, so this is certainly not going to be the easy match that we had in the First Round last year !
They also run four Saturday sides, with their First XI finishing second in the Essex Intermediate (Olympian) League Premier Division last season.

If we get through to the Third Round, we will be at Home (on Sunday 12th November) to either Grove Park or Russellers.
Grove Park are from Chiswick and play in the Premier Division of the West Fulham Sunday League in which they finished bottom last season.
Russellers are from Belvedere (where Kizza lives) and finished second from bottom in Division One (i.e. the third Division !) of the Kent Suburban League last season.

If we get through to the Fourth Round (on Sunday 10th December), we will be Away to either AFC Kumazi Strikers (a Ghanaian team from South London), Galatasary UK (an afternoon kick-off at Hackney Marshes ), Arachne (a newly-formed ? Cypriot League team from Barnet whose Secretary is a 'George Spyrou'...is he any relation to Kris ?) or London Nigerian (who play in Catford, South-East London).
Hopefully Arachne will get through from that lot (if we get that far).

The draws for the Mercury Waltham Sunday League Cup competitions will not be announced until Thursday 24th August.

Re: London Cup Draw

Hi Lol, I am going to Helsinki that weekend so will not be available...for your guide I will also be in Budapest on the weekend of Sunday 15th, October...

Cheers,

Murf

Very cosmopolitan.

Ritchie, are you talking about Murf or our possible opponents in the Fourth Round ?