THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad for next 7-a-side match (Thursday 27th July)

The squad (of 10) for our next 7-a-side match this Thursday against Substance Over Form (8.00.p.m. kick-off) is as follows:
Rob Abrahams (GK), Alan Barnard, Paul Woolston, Terry Moore, Stuart Dorward, Foysol Ahmed, Tony King, Kris Spyrou, Conor Mc,Govern & Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo (So that he can pick up some Rovers Match DVD's he has ordered from me (£165.00's worth !!!)).

If anybody drops out, we should also have the likes of Daniel Hare, Boyd Mc,Taggart and possibly Marco Ellerker available to come in and replace them, although we can make do with just nine this week.

Re: Squad for next 7-a-side match (Thursday 27th July)

Rob Abrahams is unable to play this Thursday because of work commitments.

The first one out of Darryl, Simon, Oz and/or Jon Rice to come on here and say they are available and willing to play in goal this Thursday will get the job !

On the Southgate Hockey Centre website they have only just put the results up from last Thursday, so I haven't got them on our website yet.

If you go to this link: http://www.fixs.co.uk/view/compview.asp?DivisionID=5357
you will see the results and there were some really strange ones....as there have been on a regular basis for several weeks now.

We thought we played badly to lose 4-2 to Far From Athletic, but I thought they looked a good side and maybe I was right. They beat Casuals 'A' 5-1 last Thursday !

Also, Enfield Bullets 'B' keep beating the top teams but they were 'rubbish' when we beat them 4-0 recently.

The Thursday Night League is wide open this year, and if we finish in the top 6 from the Qualifying Stage we must have a really good chance of winning the League. All the in-form teams are already doomed to finish in the bottom 6.

Still no sign of a keeper for tonight.

Everybody seems to have conveniently 'disappeared' and Tim won't do it either.

Looks like me in goal then.

Darryl has just phoned to say he might be able to get out of work in time and will come along anyway as soon as he can.

If Jon, Simon or Ozel are available though, we will still put one of those three in ahead of Darryl just in case.