THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Goalkeeper wanted !!!

Hi chaps,

It seems Rovers are over subscribed with goal keepers this season, don't suppose any of them fancy dropping to Div 4 for a regular game ???

Mark will do !!!!

Re: Goalkeeper wanted !!!

Sorry mate. Mark is unavailable to play in goal for the forseeable future! He's not bad out on pitch though much to my surprise!

Re: Goalkeeper wanted !!!

Maybe Lee meant Mark Howley ?!
He ended up in goal for the Reserves half the time !

Seriously though, the League's deadline for registering players to play in the first League match of the season is Sunday 27th August (at 8.00.p.m.).

I don't want to say to Lee NOW that he can have one of our prospective five goalkeepers, as Rob Abrahams (our first choice) may not make a decision who he is signing for until the 27th. Not surprisingly, he is wanted by other clubs as well as us.

If Rob doesn't sign for us, then we have to rely on Darryl and/or Simon, who of course are so unreliable due to work and family commitments that we would then probably have to rely on one of the youngsters (Ozel and Jon Rice) most of the time.

Hopefully Rob might make a decision say by the 20th August, then we might be in a position to let Ozel or Jon go to F.C. Vasco on a season-long 'loan' (if they want). A regular game might be good for them at that level ?

I can't see Jacko playing for F.C. Vasco after that row he had with Osborn against Tolmers the season before last !?