THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training Next Season

The Southbury Leisure Centre phoned me yesterday and asked me whether we wanted to continue using a whole pitch on Tuesday nights between 9.00.-10.00.p.m., so I said 'no'.
This means we will not get that day and timeslot back for the foreseeable future as we will go to the bottom of a lengthy waiting list.

Our only chance of training at the Southbury Leisure Centre from September onwards is if White Hart allow us to share half a pitch with them between 8.00.-9.00.p.m. on THURSDAY evenings, but we are second in their queue for that, and I don't think the team at the top of their list are going to say no.

As it appears that most of our current Monday night 7-a-side squad cannot train on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday nights anyway because they either work in pubs or have to babysit, we are only likely to get a maximum of about 10 players going training in midweek anyway.

We might be better off entering a team in a midweek indoor 5-a-side League during the winter and trying out any prospective new players in that ?

Re: Training Next Season

Definitely a good idea Lol

Why's that then, Stocky ?

Lol

Firstly, I am ever so sorry about my two no shows in the last two weeks but they were completely unavoidable.

Secondly, I definately think it is a good idea to enter some form of 5/7 a side league as people are more likely to actually turn up to that. Some of the turn outs at training last season were just shit. And it is clear that alot of the players are getting to an age where recuperation is more important than training.

Thirdly, I have just got back from one stag do and am muchos looking forward to "Osborn does Bournemouth" But can someone give me exact details of when we are going as I just turned up to the last one a day early!

I recommend the new Futsal (Futebal De Salao) League at Edmonton County Lower School...then we pile in the Stag & Hounds or The Beehive straight after !

Shame Juneka Junior's disappeared.
I expect he is an 'ace' at that. (The Futsal I mean, not the drinking afterwards).

Ritchie, that's quality!!!...we leave on Friday 28th July and return on the Sunday. Most are going down in cars but me, Ian Buckley, John O'Sullivan and Damo (another lad from IG) are taking the early afternoon train down from Waterloo....