THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Apologies

I just wanted to apologise to Speller and Steve Cokell for shouting back at them during tonights match against AFC Bush Hill Park. I'm not making excuses for shouting I know I shouldn't have, I just got wound up that the ref gave that decision and when the free kick was given I heard about 3 or 4 people telling me to do different things and I got frustrated. That's no excuse I shouldn't have shouted and I apologise.

Re: Apologies

Well done Dan. It is good for the team spirit that you should apologise.
The problem was that you were so pre-occupied with arguing with the referee that you couldn't hear the instructions of your team mates. We could easily have conceded a goal at a crucial time in the match and it then becomes your fault not the referee's for giving the original foul. We have now started winning on a Monday so we need everyone to concentrate on the game and play as a team to keep improving our league position.

It won't happen again. I'll just get on with the game next time which is what I should've done in the first place.

Dan, here's a link for you to follow:

http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/managing_anger.html

Actually, on the subject of our players bollocking Refs, etc., I forgot to mention that we finished 6th in the League's Fair Play Award Marks Totals for last season (out of 71 teams) !

The marks are awarded after each match by the Referee and our opponents.
Apparently we always finish in the top 10 every season...as I would expect, but I reckon we could win it next year with a little bit more effort and common sense from certain players.
Dan is obviously one of those, as is Ritchie with his 'nob-head' catch-phrase aimed towards any opponent who commits a foul against us (which everybody was laughing about at 7-a-side on Monday by the way ).
Speller also likes to chip away at Referees which might cost us a mark or two, and I'm sure we got a low mark from the Ref when we lost 4-2 to Metroline Uniques last season as Wooly was giving him some fearful stick in that game for not using Club Linesmen and then Refereeing from the centre-circle !

If we win the Fair Play Award we get a free kit, which we can then use to replace the old orange & black kit for a second kit.
There are loads of teams who have just changed their kit this season from White, Blue or Red to that new Nike Green design (that Ritchie wanted us to get !), so we are now going to need a second kit more often.

The Fair Play Award for last season was won by Division Three side BBFC, but I am not allowed to say (on here) who the other four teams were who finished above us. None of them were in Division One though, and we have only ever played one of them before.

The 3rd WORST and 4th worst teams in the League WERE from Division One though. Again I can't say who they were, but I would expect most of our players to guess one of them.

Lol

I think that Speller's "Chipping away at the ref" loses us far more points in the fairplay standings than my very, very rare tourettes style outbursts.

And for the record, Knob end is my usual catchphrase or alternatively, Bone Head if the player is a skinhead. I fear you have mixed the two insults up. From next year I will be calling opposition players something less offensive like "wally" in an effort to win the Fifa Fairplay Nice Guys Finish Last Cup.