THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squad For Next 7-a-side Match This Thursday (29th June)

The squad (of 10) for this Thursday's match against Enfield Bullets 'B' (another 7.00.p.m. kick-off) is as follows:
Rob Abrahams (GK) (See below), Terry Moore, Paul Woolston (If he passes a fitness test !), Stuart Dorward, Conor Mc,Govern, Foysol Ahmed, Tony King, Kris Spyrou, Cameron Peart & Juneka Junior (If we can contact him !)

A squad of 10 has been named once again due to it being a 7.00.p.m. kick-off and the likelihood of players dropping out at the last minute (or turning up late) due to work commitments.
Marco Ellerker (If he is available) and/or Boyd Mc,Taggart (Who 'forgot' we had a match last night and failed to turn up) will replace anybody who drops out.

At the moment we appear to have few others available as Alan Barnard, Derek Dorward and Paul Ellerker cannot play in this match for various reasons.

Rob Abrahams has answered our advert for a new first-choice goalkeeper for the Thursday Night League and to play for us on Sundays in the Mercury Waltham League, and he will make his debut for us in this match. Rob has played against us for the now-defunct F.C. Boca Hill when we were in the Premier Division and he has also played in Senior Saturday football for Potters Bar Town and Hoddesdon Town (Stuart & Conor's former club), so he is a well-known quality 'keeper.
Simon Jackson is on holiday for this match and the week after, so Rob has joined us just at the right time. Both Simon and Darryl Johnson have accepted our decision to sign another goalkeeper as a first-choice player as they cannot guarantee at the present time that they will be available to play on a regular basis next season. Simon and 17-year old Ozel Ozerman have already signed League Registration Forms for next season as back-ups and Darryl may also do likewise, so hopefully we will no longer be in a position where we have to put outfield players in goal...something which has ruined our chances of winning a trophy over the past two seasons.

Re: Squad For Next 7-a-side Match This Thursday (29th June)

Darryl will sign as he paid his annual subs last night. Just a reminder to others that the discounted £20 is on offer until 1st August when the annual subs goes up to £25.

Darryl signed the Multi-Registration Form last night.
One other thing I need to correct is that it was last THURSDAY that Boyd forgot we had a match.
He wasn't in the squad for Monday.

Cameron just text'd me to say he can't play tomorrow night - Started a new job in Croydon & can't get there in time.

Wooly isn't playing either as his knee is still dodgy.

I will phone Foysol this evening and make sure him and Boyd can both play.
If they can't, we will probably only have six (Rob Abrahams, Terry, Conor, Stuart, Tony King & Kris).

I have texted Juneka Junior and had no reply, but I have at least managed to get through to his mobile's voicemail and left a message on there.

If they can't play Lol why not give this John Paul a runout to see what he's like??

I'll have to make that decision tomorrow.
Juneka Junior doesn't normally text me back until the afternoon of the match and Foysol is out driving at the moment...and so will I be in a minute.

Apologies but extremely unlikely to make tonight - kicking off at work.

Won't be able to sort things out until this afternoon, but don't panic.
I'll scrape up seven players from somewhere, even if it includes me !

The situation at the moment (5.00.p.m.) is that we should have five players there by the kick-off (Rob Abrahams, Stuart, Terry, Kris & Tony King), plus myself, Trevor and Mark Dyer (ex-Everest keeper and Stuart's work colleague, who is going to come along and play as an outfield player if needed).

Foysol probably won't get there until after the kick-off and that may well apply to Boyd as well.
I told Foysol to let me know if Boyd is not playing, so I assume he is o.k. and won't 'forget' this week !?

Juneka Junior is still not answering his phone.
I have also sent Marco a text but his phone is switched off as well.
I tried getting Nugget to play, but he texted back just saying 'No' !

If Foysol & Boyd get there by the kick-off, we will have seven decent players, then myself and Mark can come on as subs if anyone gets knackered or injured.