THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
7-a-Side Squad For This Thursday (8th June)

The squad for our match against Jubilee on Thursday (8.00.p.m. kick-off) is as follows:
A.Keeper (...and the only possibility for that position is somebody that Alan Barnard might be able to bring along from Edmonton Cricket Club !), Stuart Dorward, Terry Moore, Alan Barnard, Kris Spyrou, Foysol Ahmed, Juneka Junior, and two others from (in order of preference and subject to availability):
Paul Woolston
Paul Ellerker
Derek Dorward
Foysol's mate Boyd Mc,Taggart
A couple more Brazilians that Juneka Junior can bring along from his College (if they are not working !)
Somebody who works with Trevor Hughes who used to play in the Premier Division of the 20-Division !!! Hull Sunday League...so he must be good !?
or Paul Rebairo, who has also now said he is available for any 7-a-side match on a Monday or a Thursday at short notice if we are really struggling.

Conor Mc,Govern, Marco Ellerker and last week's goalkeeper Tim Beeden are not available for this match, and neither are Darryl Johnson or Russell Beeden. Chris 'Nugget' Beeden and his window-cleaning mate Sam Franklin-Jones are also too busy with work commitments.

Re: 7-a-Side Squad For This Thursday (8th June)

Sorry Lol can't get a keeper for Thursday

Trev will have to try his Step-Son's mate then (who plays for a team in the Barnet Sunday League and has no intention of joining us).

The other options are other ex-Rovers keepers who play for other teams now. (e.g. Shaun O'Neill, Marcello Devizio, etc).
Last time I spoke to Shaun he said he babysits on Thursday nights and it's too far to come from Harlow.
Stuart can give him a phone if he wants though.

I will give March a phone later today to see if he can help out this Thursday, but in the long-term I would rather find a keeper who wants to play for us on Sundays.

Wooly is still out for another two weeks, but Boyd and Del are both available so that's the eight outfield players sorted out.
All we need is a keeper now !

I have just spoken to March, but he already plays 5-a-side on Monday nights and 8-a-side on Wednesday nights, so he can't play Thursdays as well because of family commitments.

I will put an advert on the League website later today but I can't see us getting a keeper from that in time for Thursday, so if Trev or Stuart can't sort something out, then it's an outfield player in goal again.
I will not be going in goal myself as I have done my shoulder in and can't throw the ball.

I just phoned Ollie. He can't play this Thursday but said he will play if he is available when we are short. He is a plumber so works at all hours like Steve Cokell.

28 hrs a day according to his accounts, more like 11.00 to 4.00 (and thats a busy day).

According to your accountant ginge they think you should take out shares in sainsburys and the local curry house as u spend so much money there!

Scott.....fancy a night in goal? You'll have nothing to do with me Tell me moore and our new aquisition, Alan Barnard in front of you. Plus you can have a beer with us crazy Dorwards after t'game?

Text deleted

Rebairo is another one who has said he would help out at short notice. He is better in goal than I am.
I left a message on his mobile for him to play last Monday though, but he didn't reply of course ! (Typical Rovers player !? )

As he never answers his phone to me, maybe you could go round Rebairo's house and ask him to play, Stu ? (If Scott doesn't want to go in goal).

not definate but i will try and make it

Eventhough I have been sent coventry by Lol, I could help out tomorrow night if you need a keeper, but I need to know in the morning if you fancy it or not.....

O.K., just to clarify the situation a bit more.

Basically, I am having to pick the 7-a-side squads because Trevor won't/can't do it.
When I said 'enough is enough' regarding picking Jacko again, that's from my point of view because of the reasons I gave in the 'New Goalkeeper Wanted' thread.

I said Jacko will never play for the club again unless the Management Committee decide otherwise, so if Trev & Stuart want to take a risk and come on here and ask him to play tomorrow in the knowledge that he might let us down at the last minute and I end up in goal, then it will be their fault if we lose the match, not mine.

If they do that and Jacko turns up and plays, then great...and I will happily buy him a drink afterwards (shock, horror !!! )

As I said, I've got no problem with Jacko as a person when he does turn up, but surely he and everyone else can see where I'm coming from when I say I can't 'chill out' in our present situation of having no keeper and losing virtually every match we play.

Maybe Murf and Steve Cokell could back me up on that, as they have tried running teams before and no doubt been let down by players. Is that why Murf has got no hair ?

i probably cannot make it now... sorry.
if theres a late change i'll text you

I tried cutting the hedge in my front 'garden' this morning and it was agony. My shoulder is knackered, so I definitely won't be going in goal.

As Trev and Stuart appear to be too busy to look at the Forum, then I will have to say Jacko is in goal tonight if he wants to come along.

If he doesn't see this message because it's too late this morning, then Stuart will have to go in goal.

I can't be arsed to keep phoning and texting people and running up a large personal phone bill...especially when people never reply.

Who's going to finish the hedge?

Jacko playing, I'm picking him up.

I finished the hedge as best I could !

I have no problem with Simon Jackson playing in goal for the club. From what I can remember, he is a friendly northerner with a good sense of humour and now a family man as well. I think all the trouble has been caused by this George bloke who is a bad influence on Mr Jackson. I propose that Laurence bans George from using the Forum but messages such as 'I'm available' are always welcome from Simon.

Trev, Kris has just dropped out from tonight's squad as he has 'a lot of work on'. (Text message).

Can you get your mate from work to play ? (The bloke from Hull)

Trev have you got an asthma pump of mine?

Have we only got 7 then Lol??

I make it that the squad is now Simon (GK), Stuart, Terry, Alan Barnard, Del, Juneka Junior, Foysol & Boyd, so that's 8 'definites'.

I think we could do with 9 as it's very hot out there.
Let's give Trev another couple of hours to get out of court and reply ?
I think his mate from work might be a good player and is definitely interested in playing on Sundays. That should be our main consideration at the moment rather than getting ex-players (unless they are Marco !) or people like Stocky & Ellis-Browne.

Thought Rorie might be interested in the 7 a sides, that was all??

I've just spoken to him (Tony King) and he can play.
He needs shin pads and has trainers but would prefer to borrow a size 8-9 astroboots if anyone has a spare pair. He will be there by 8.00 .