THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Friday 16th June, The Garage, Highbury (opp H&I tube)

A message for all you discerning arbiters of good music...my mate manages a few bands and is putting on a show at The Garage as detailed above...it features three bands with Grasp supported by Scarf and The Starrlings....all the bands are guitar based leaning toward the indie/Weller/Jam/Oasis type of genre....(you can visit Grasp's website here www.grasponline.info)...it will be a great night so if any of you fancy popping along let me know and I'll bag you a ticket which costs just 8 English pounds and includes entrance to the post-gig club....

Murf

Re: Friday 16th June, The Garage, Highbury (opp H&I tube)

MADE YOU LOOK!.....come on you lot, aren't any of you Rovers up for a bit of music...or are you all Micky Jackson stadium concert buffs...

I was into guitar-based rock music when I was about 13, Murf.
In those days it was stuff like Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Hendrix, etc. then I got into the likes of Gentle Giant, Camel, Caravan and even Gong/Steve Hillage before I left school and found better music (i.e. Jazz, Funk & Soul).

Your gig is not for me then, but I'm surprised that Tarby, Del, Ritchie, Terry and others are not interested ?

By the way, did you know our Monday Night 7-a-side League player Bill Wheeler is Paul Weller's Tour Manager (or something like that ?)...or so Warmers tells me.

No, I didn't Lol, let me know if he comes up with some back stage passes!...yeah, tarby was full of it (enthusiasm) in Vilnius...gone to ground now...

Must have been a big hole!

Text deleted

Sorry Murf have been very busy at work.Will try and get there but of course it all depends if im working late next week.

Tarby, would be good if you did...you know what they say about all work & no play....

Yeah, it leaves him time to finish off Lol's hedge!

Will try and make it Murph.

Hi Ritchie...sorry, been offsite for a while....please do come along....Tel is and spoke to Tarby this mng and he intends to also....

Please can we have a Murf report on this event to entertain Forum readers.