THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
7-a-Side Squad For This Thursday (1st June)

The squad for our match against Casuals 'A' this Thursday (7.00.p.m. kick-off) is currently as follows:
Tim Beeden (GK) (Unless Darryl Johnson or Russell Beeden are not working and volunteer to play instead...which is unlikely !?), Stuart Dorward, Terry Moore, Alan Barnard, Foysol Ahmed (who has now got out of a driving lesson in order to play) & Juneka Junior...and that's it for definite at the moment ! (6 players).

Kris Spyrou and Conor Mc,Govern may not know until the afternoon of the match whether they can get out of college/work in time for a 7.00.p.m. kick-off, so in the meantime we will try and find others to play instead of them.
Derek Dorward definitely cannot make 7.00.p.m. kick-offs on Thursdays, and it is doubtful whether Paul Ellerker can either. Paul Woolston is also still out injured.
The other options we have for the squad are Foysol's mate Boyd Mc,Taggart (who came training a couple of times last season and is a very good player...Foysol is currently checking on his availability), a couple more Brazilians that Juneka Junior can bring along from his College, somebody who works with Trevor Hughes who used to play in the Premier Division of the 20-Division !!! Hull Sunday League...so he must be good !?, Marco Ellerker (yes, Marco !), who would have played in our last Thursday night match but phoned me when I was filming a Cup Final and I didn't get the message until it was too late !, then there is Chris 'Nugget' Beeden and his window-cleaning mate Sam Franklin-Jones, and finally some of the Monday Night squad players as they do not have a game this week because of the Bank Holiday. Unfortunately though, Dan George and Tem Adil are likely to be the only ones from that squad who can also play on Thursday, but we must make sure we have a squad of experienced and good-quality players for this particular game and they will have to be a last resort. Paul Rebairo has also now said he is available for any 7-a-side match on a Monday or a Thursday at short notice if others drop out at the last minute.

Re: 7-a-Side Squad For This Thursday (1st June)

Paul Ellerker has just confirmed (by e-mail) that he definitely can't make a 7.00.p.m. kick-off.

I'm fairly confident I can make it so stick me down

Kris can also play tonight so we have 8 'sort of definites' unless anybody gets stuck at work at the last minute.
This is the same 8 who played last Thursday apart from Tim in goal instead of me.

Boyd is not available so I have texted Juneka Junior to bring one of his Brazilian mates along to make the squad up to 9. I am still waiting for a reply.
Tarby told me that Nugget is available/wants to ? play, but that would be 10 if everyone else turns up.
I will also be there from the start this week to come on as a sub if necessary.

Marco just phoned and said he can play tonight, so it would be silly to leave him out and I have told him to come along.
There is always a possibility with Marco that something might crop up at the last minute but he sounded very keen and he said he should be there before 7.00.

If Trev is happy with that...and the possibility that we may have 10..., then I will not text Junior back to tell him NOT to bring his mate.