THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Goalkeeper Wanted

I have just deleted two 'obscene' replies to my question regarding holiday dates, both of which tell me to 'chill out' and cast the usual slurs on my character based upon what my full-time job is without answering the holiday dates question at all.
Yes, some people find it funny, but when we are currently struggling for players (especially goalkeepers) and the club has a few problems, I don't think now is the right time to take the piss.

The first one was from Simon Jackson (aka George N'Bogwou) who will now never play for the club again unless the Management Committee decide otherwise...and I think they will back me up because they are just as pissed off as I am that outfield players have to keep going in goal because he cannot give us a straight answer on his availability...not to mention walking off the pitch half-way through most of the matches he DOES turn up to play in !
I have also spoken to more than one player who believes Jacko is talking bullsh!t when he says he is working in Bermuda this week !
Jacko, granted you are a good laugh and a decent bloke when you do turn up but enough's enough I'm afraid.

The follow-up message to Jacko's that I deleted was by John Beasley, who doesn't want to play for the club any more anyway and presumably doesn't care if we fold up through a lack of players. Taking the piss out of me just rubs it in even more.

To be honest, at the moment I couldn't give a sh!t if this means two ex-players less at the 30th Anniversary Dinner. I'd rather get players into the club who take things a bit more seriously first and foremost, then we survive, then we start winning matches and THEN we can 'chill out' and have a laugh.