THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lol

Hi Lol, sorry, i've had no messages and i have just got access to the forum for the first time in ages. I cannot make it on Thursday. I will let you know my availability when i know myself as i'm all over the place at the moment. I also agree with your rant that there is an older camp and newer camp within the club. We may have to accept this but we cannot field a team of kick about players if we want to win anything. Did Tom say he will pay his outstanding monies if he is picked in the squad? If so, then i'll pay his subs and we don't pick him again. Do we want this attude in the club of being held to ransome? It sucks.

Re: Lol

Yes, maybe the club is being held to ransom by somebody doing that (if that's what Tom is intending), but the Club Rules 'sort of' allow it !
We just don't expect our players to do that, and indeed 99% of them pay their subs regularly and abide by the rules.

The club rules are that players are not picked for the squad if they owe over £20.00, but obviously we are not going to play with 10 men (or 6 men in the 7-a-side League), and some players in the past have been aware of that rule and taken a risk that they will still get a regular game anyway.
Invariably though, most of them end up joining other clubs, but we don't allow them to get away with that until they pay us what they owe us. (It's F.A. regulations).

Having said that, I have just looked at the Subs List and noticed there is one other player who is also currently over £20.00...our Club Captain, a certain Stuart Dorward !!!
I presume this money will be paid on Thursday night, Mr. Dorward...if you have got any left from drinking the bars in Lithuania dry over the weekend ?!!!

Now let's just say (hypothetically) that we have a situation this coming Thursday night when we only have 8 players available and the choice for the 9th player is between Stuart & Tom, both of whom said they will bring their outstanding subs owed on the night if they are named in the squad. It's common sense that we pick Stuart, simply because he is a better player.

Darryl, are you going to pay Stuart's subs for him so that he can stay ?

Re: Re: Lol

Yes as he adds value to the team and club!

no actually darryl i sed that i would pay the outstanding monies that i owe when i next turn up to training or if i ever get picked to play on monday.

the attitude toward youngsters at this club is really bad, i agree i would pick stuart over myself he should be better then me at his age im stil learning the game and cant seem to get any advice just slagging off, same with ozel etc we need the older players to advise us mre like wooly does!