THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
7-a-Side Squads for Mon 22nd & Thurs 25th May

The squad for Monday night's match against Shadwell (9.00.p.m.) is as follows:
Ozel Ozerman (GK), Colin Bester, Ritchie Copues, Tony Speller, Tem Adil, Daniel George, Andrew Warmerdam, Nick Vertigans & Bill Wheeler.

I am now only naming a squad of nine for 7-a-side League matches as Trev is finding it too difficult to do the substitutions when we have a squad of 10 and it disrupts the flow of the game too much.

If somebody drops out at the last minute, we will play with a squad of eight, but if two or more players drop out, then we will obviously call for replacements if we have time to do so...of which there should be quite a few available for this match. If we can't find replacements (e.g. If two players drop out at the last minute), then I will get changed and come on as a sub if players get injured or need a breather for a minute or two !

The squad (of 9) for Thursday night's match against New Barnet (also a 9.00.p.m. kick-off) is as follows:
Darryl Johnson (GK) (If we can contact him !), Stuart Dorward, Terry Moore, Alan Barnard, Kris Spyrou, Juneka Junior, Foysol Ahmed, Conor Mc,Govern & Derek Dorward (If he is not working late).

Again, there are several other players I should be able to call up to play in this match if more than one drops out.

Re: 7-a-Side Squads for Mon 22nd & Thurs 25th May

For tonight's match against New Barnet (9.00.p.m. kick-off), the situation at the moment is as follows:

Darryl is not playing so we have no keeper. Tarby said he would have gone in goal, but he is now working late and won't get there in time. Simon is also not available as he is working abroad...unless he comes on here and says he isn't this week and can help us out !

I have spoken to Terry and Foysol and they are both o.k., and Alan Barnard confirmed by e-mail last week that he would be there.
I have not heard anything from Conor or Stuart, but I assume they will be there and are not working late or babysitting ?

Del is not playing tonight (presumably working late ?) and I have tried phoning Juneka Junior for him to bring his Spanish mate (pronounced 'Ang-hel' ?). However, Junior is not answering his phone, so I have no idea if he is even playing himself.
Foysol said his mate Boyd (a good player who came training a couple of times last season) wants to join, but unfortunately he is unavailable this week as I wanted him to replace Del in the squad.
I also phoned Wooly to see if he is fit yet, but he is still two weeks away from playing again.

I will not be there until 9.00.-9.30.p.m. as I am filming a Cup Final at 6.30.p.m. in Stanford-Le-Hope, which is in 'deepest Essex'.
I normally give Kris a lift, so I have told him to leave a message on here if he can't get a lift there from anyone else. He is available to play though.
Trev is coming round after work (at 5.00.p.m. ?) to pick all the kit, etc. up from my house and he is then going back home to Whetstone, so he won't be able to give Kris a lift.

At the moment then, we only have six players by the look of it (Conor, Stuart, Terry, Alan Barnard, Kris & Foysol), but if Juneka Junior and his Spanish mate come, we will have eight...but no keeper.

Your suggestions are welcome !

I'll be there & Stu is giving me a lift - Where does Kris need picking up from? If we need to - let's call on Stocky & Ellis again - I'm not fit enough to play the whole game .

Conor, when have you ever been fit enough to play the whole game ???

I normally pick Kris up from outside the Newbury Youth Centre at 8.15.p.m. for a 9.00.p.m. kick-off.

Regarding Stocky & Ellis-Browne, there is no need to get them, as we still have possible players for tonight in Marco, Kizza, Nugget and his mate Sam, a mate of Trev's from work and a goalkeeper who is a mate of Trev's step-son.

I can't ask any of them (or Stocky & Ellis-Browne) to play yet until I hear from Juneka Junior, otherwise we could end up with 10 or even 11 players.
Trev wants 9 at the most and even 8 is o.k. as long as someone volunteers to go in goal.

Why ask for suggestions then if you already have the solutions??

George - if you're in the country, get your f@t @rse over there & go in goal for us!

They are not solutions, they are options.
I haven't got a clue who to try first !

Sod it, I'll get another two players and if Juneka Junior, his Spanish mate and Jacko all turn up and we end up with a squad of eleven, that's Trev's problem !

I have just tried phoning Junior again and there is still no answer.

I have only got until 4.30 to sort this out as that's when I'm leaving to film this Cup Final.

Don't worry about me, I shall not be there.

I am in Bermuda on business.

Juneka Junior has just TEXTED me asking if we have got a game tonight...3 minutes after I PHONED him and left a message on his voicemail !
He is yet another one of our players who only operates by text message !
Looks like I will just have to buy a new mobile phone.
I have texted him back telling him to bring his mate but he has not replied yet.

I have also phoned Marco and left a message on his mobile voicemail.

The only way we will have a keeper tonight is if Trev can get his step-son's mate to play, but I can't get hold of Trev as he is in Court and the session probably doesn't finish until after I have gone at 4.30.p.m.

The way I see it at the moment then, is that we have definitely got seven including Junior, and that if his mate, Marco & Trev's keeper can all play, then that's a bonus.
I should be there sometime between 9.00 & 9.30.p.m. and if we have only got seven, I will come on and go in goal...even though I have got a badly sprained thumb and will only be able to save shots with my legs !
At least Conor can then have a breather.

...and in case you are wondering, the badly-spained thumb was from trying to stop a shot going into the bushes two weeks ago, and it has now been aggravated by trying to do text messaging on my crap mobile phone !

is there any one able to give me a lift to the match tonight

Kris me & Stuart will pick you up from outside Newbury Centre (Bury St??) at 8:30 - Is that OK??

thats fine thanx alot