THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
7-a-side League Matches Next Week - A Problem !

Due to a team dropping out of the Thursday Night League, the fixtures have all been re-arranged and we now have a match next Thursday (18th May)...and at 7.00.p.m. as well !

Obviously that is going to rule out all those who are going to Lithuania for Del's Stag Do at 3.00.a.m. the following morning, so I am looking at putting those players in the Monday Night squad next week (an 8.00.p.m. kick-off) as long as Warmers and his mates can play on Thursday next week instead (as a one-off because he has told me he can't play Thursdays).

I hope to be able to name the squads later this afternoon, but in the meantime I would be grateful if the following players could let me know if they could play in a 7.00.p.m. kick-off on Thursday next week:
Paul Ellerker, Marco Ellerker, Darryl Johnson (GK), Simon Jackson (GK) & Gary Cokell.

Re: 7-a-side League Matches Next Week - A Problem !

Alan Barnard can play on Thursday if you need him

The squad for Monday Night's match against Trent Park Rovers (8.00.p.m. kick-off) is as follows:
Ozel Ozerman (GK), Tony Speller, Ritchie Copues, Colin Bester, Tem Adil, Daniel George, Nick Vertigans, Andrew Warmerdam, Stuart Dorward & Conor Mc,Govern.

Conor & Stuart have been named in the Monday Night squad this week as they are unavailable to play on Thursday (as is everybody else named in the squad above).

The squad for Thursday night's match against International (a 7.00.p.m. kick-off) is currently as follows (subject to availability):
Terry Moore, Kris Spyrou, Juneka Junior, Foysol Ahmed, Sam Franklin-Jones, Alan Barnard, Bill Wheeler, plus two mates of Bill's (and Warmers'), one of whom is a goalkeeper and the other a forward, plus Juneka Junior's Spanish mate who came training a few times last season.

At the moment though, we have no idea whether most of the above-named players are actually available, but if they are not, then we will try some of the following players (in order of preference for various reasons !), although most of these are probably even more doubtful !?...Paul Ellerker, Marco Ellerker, Darryl Johnson (GK), Simon Jackson (GK), Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo, a mate of Trevor's from work, Chris 'Nugget' Beeden, Gary Cokell, Adam Stock, Jon Ellis-Browne, John Beasley & Kevin Dedman.

We have numerous players unavailable for this match, mainly because they will be packing their suitcases for Derek Dorward's Stag Do in Lithuania...and will be getting up at 3.00.a.m. the following morning. Definitely ruled out because of that are Stuart Dorward, Derek Dorward, Conor Mc,Govern, Paul Woolston and stand-in goalkeeper Russell Beeden.
Terry Moore is also going to Lithuania, but as he gets home from work at 4.00.p.m., he will still have time to pack and get some sleep and has therefore volunteered to play in this match.

Another problem with this match is that Laurence Hughes has to leave at 7.00.p.m. to attend the League A.G.M., but Manager Trevor Hughes might not be there by then due to work commitments and we have nobody else whatsoever available to be Manager and organise the substitutions....unless Tim wants to come along, as he will be the only person who knows Alan Barnard and will have to introduce him !?
If Trevor is not there by 8.00.p.m. (which apparently is a possibility), we will have another problem whereby 'somebody' will have to take all the dirty kit home and wash it...and the rest of the equipment !

I will be there and I will help out but the only problem is the only person in the squad I know (apart from Alan) is Foysol!!!!!!!!!

Lol, spoke to Conor and he can't play on Monday. Can ask Del tomorrow??

Text deleted

Yes, we'll try Del first.

I am of course assuming that Steve Cokell still has a hamstring injury ?
Steve, please update us on this.

Warmers has just e-mailed me to say that the keeper and the forward can't play on Thursday, so I have e-mailed him back telling him to bring the forward tomorrow night if he is available.
This is mainly because I am guessing that Del will be working and that Steve Cokell is still injured.

However, as Foysol wants to play on Monday this week instead of Thursday (because he doesn't think he can make a 7.00.p.m. kick-off), I have therefore texted Dan and Tem asking them if they can play on Thursday this week instead of Monday, as I don't think we are going to have enough players on Thursday otherwise.
I am still waiting for their reply.

I know the Thursday Night League is stronger and we should be fielding our more experienced players in that, but we just have far too many players who can only play on Mondays at the moment.

If Dan & Tem can play on Thursday, then the Thursday Night squad for this week is likely to be: Dan, Tem, Terry, Kris, Juneka Junior and his Spanish mate, Alan Barnard, Bill Wheeler, Sam Franklin-Jones and Nugget...with no goalkeeper once again and Nugget standing in the centre-circle bollocking everyone. At least we will have some defenders in the squad this time though, so we can either stick him up front or put him in goal for the whole match !?

Sorry, I can't play for the next 2 weeks - in Paris this Thursday and working the following week.

Dan and Tem can't play on Thursday and Warmers' mate (the forward) can't play on either night this week.
Steve Cokell has not replied, so the squad for tonight is now definitely as follows:

Ozel Ozerman (GK), Tony Speller, Ritchie Copues, Colin Bester, Tem Adil, Daniel George, Nick Vertigans, Andrew Warmerdam, Stuart Dorward & Derek Dorward (if he is not working).

We will worry about Thursday Night's squad after tonight's match.