THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A.G.M.

Mark has just texted me with a message saying 'Fire Station available for Saturday 22nd July'.
I think he means it is ONLY available for the 22nd July and not for the 15th or any other date.

I therefore need to know NOW if anybody cannot make that date so that I can get back to Mark and he can book the venue.
I have a feeling that Stuart can't make the 22nd (because he asked for the 15th) and that Trevor is on holiday.

Re: A.G.M.

22nd July is Denis Bergkamp's Testimonal v. Ajax. The first match at Ashburton Grove. I assume it will be a 3.00 p.m. kick off so we can still have the A.G.M. in the evening.

I'm ok for this date. Missus and her mates won't be around though. Lol, will leave it for you to ok it with Mark if that's ok.

Text deleted

Is it worth having a 'disco' then ?

No idea? Are others planning to bring their wives/girlfriends/partners?

I'm not gonna bring my ex-wife either...

I've just checked the Arsenal website and Bergkamp's Testimonial is a 5.00 p.m. kick off on 22nd July.

Dis this meanz that eye haz to turn down me invitigation to play in thou said match, as eye wood verry mush lick to cum to the ATM. Denise has ask me god lick self to play at centre point but i shell have to say now to the dutchy to voice me opinions at having some ATM.

We had a disco at last season's AGM at the Fire Station as Stuart's wife Sarah and a number of her friends attended, so that made it a successful evening.
As I understand it, because of other commitments Sarah and her friends and a number of other WAG's cannot attend if we have the AGM on Saturday 22nd July, so it is pointless using the Fire Station and hiring disco equipment if we are only going to have a maximum of 20 people there (with the likelihood of no WAG's attending whatsoever).

Because of that, myself and Trevor recently discussed the possibility of using the Snooker Room instead (without WAG's and a disco), which will obviously be free of charge but would then result in only 10-12 players attending (because a number of others 'can't be arsed' to get a cab there and back).
However, the news that Bergkamp's Testimonial is a 5.00.p.m. kick-off has now really put a spanner in the works...unless we don't start the AGM (at the Snooker Room) until about 9.00.p.m. ?

As far as I know, Saturday 22nd July is the only date we can have the AGM as too many Management Committee Members and players are unavailable on other dates due to holidays and family commitments.
I think we have no choice but to have the AGM in the Snooker Room at 9.00.p.m. on the 22nd where the night will just consist of the speeches, trophy presentations, the Goal Of The Season Competition and then the usual Snooker Night fund-raising activities thereafter...if people want to stay.
If any of the award winners can't be arsed to travel 'all that way' for the AGM, then they will just have to have their trophies presented to them on the touchline at our first League game next season or at a 7-a-side match.

Stuart is on holiday at the moment, but he should be playing 7-a-side next Thursday (29th June) which is a 7.00.p.m. kick-off. Myself, Conor & Trevor will all be there as well, so if Tarby can get off work to come along to 7-a-side that night we can have a Management Meeting after the match and make a definite decision.

9pm far better for me due to cricket, if it is 7 i would not make it.

Cheers

9.00.p.m. is when most people turn up to the A.G.M. anyway, even if we tell them it is a 7.00.p.m. start !

The A.G.M. is now going to have to be on Saturday 5th August in the Snooker Room, probably starting at around 7.30-8.00.p.m.

Please read the Latest Club News page on the website for the reasons why and further details on the AGM.

Please let us know here if you will be able to attend or not.