THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM

THE EDMONTON ROVERS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
7-a-side League Squads for Next Week

The squad for our first 7-a-Side League match of the Summer this coming Monday night (8th May) against Mc,Kenzies (8.00.p.m. kick-off) is as follows:
Ozel Ozerman (GK), Tony Speller, Ritchie Copues, Colin Bester, Tem Adil, Daniel George, Gary Cokell, Andrew Warmerdam, Vernon 'Kizza' Nxumalo and one of 'Warmers' mates. (I don't know their names yet).

The squad for our first Thursday Night 7-a-Side League match of the Summer (next Thursday...11th May)May) against Middlesex University Old Boys (9.00.p.m. kick-off) is as follows:
Darryl Johnson (GK), Stuart Dorward, Conor Mc,Govern, Terry Moore, Nick Vertigans, Foysol Ahmed, Juneka Junior, Kris Spyrou, Paul Ellerker & Derek Dorward.

If any players are unavailable for the above squads, there are plenty of others I can try.

Please read the Latest Club News page on the website where you will find a link to all the 7-a-side League information you need to know.

Re: 7-a-side League Squads for Next Week

sorry lol have a tennis match on monday

The only ones who have confirmed for Monday so far are Speller, Dan & Warmers, although Warmers might have to work and will let us know by tomorrow.

However, Nick, Terry and Juneka Junior from the Thursday Night squad have all said they can play on Monday if needed.

For the Thursday Night squad, we have not heard from Darryl, Foysol, Kris, Paul Ellerker or Del.

Nick has just e-mailed me to say he can't play on Thursday (or most Thursdays for that matter) and would like to be in the Monday Night squad instead, so he has therefore now replaced Gary Cokell in the squad for this Monday.

Am okay for an appearance in the Reigning nearly Champions League Championship winning side on Monday

I'll be there monday with Tem, 95% sure OZ is coming too

Everything is now all sorted for tonight and we have a squad of 10...assuming Oz is coming !?
He hasn't e-mailed or texted me back, but Colin seems to think he is playing ?

Kizza, Warmers and Warmers' mate Bill Wheeler have all now confirmed they are playing.

We only have 9 for tonight now as Kizza has dropped out claiming he has got a trial for Southampton at 4.00.p.m.. (How many more trials are these Pro clubs going to give him !!!? )

Warmers is trying to get another mate of his to play, but there is no guarantee of that.
Speller reckons he might only last 5 minutes because he hasn't played since December, so most of our other players should get quite a long workout.

Because it is chucking it down at the moment, I just had one of our players from tonight's squad texting me to ask if the game might get called off waterlogged though !
I'll let everyone guess who that was.

I can play but I think Marco is away - I can't get hold of him at the moment. I'd assume he's unavailable.

Regretfully have to pull out for Thursday and the week after too but will be ok from then.

Text deleted

Stu, there is no game next Thursday anyway.

As for our squad tomorrow night, we are now down to just six players...which is Conor, Terry, Paul Ellerker, Juneka Junior, Foysol & Kris.

Darryl is 'away' so we have no keeper and Del doesn't finish work until 8.30-9.00, so I think it's best to rule him out as well.
Tarby is also unavailable to go in goal due to social commitments.

The obvious question is 'Can Simon play in goal tomorrow night' ?

As for finding three more outfield players, the possibilities are Kizza (because he couldn't play on Monday), Nugget (If he can be arsed...which I doubt), Junior (i.e. John Beasley), Kev Dedman (If he has not joined another club yet with The Wheatsheaf having now folded), Juneka Junior's Spanish mate who he brought along to training, Gary Cokell (If he is not working or seeing his daughter), Robin (Don't think he is interested any more though ?), James Walker and Scott Robertson.
Also, I have asked Terry if he knows anyone from Old Edmontonians (his Saturday side) who might want to play for us, and Foysol might be able to bring a player or two along.
The other option is to use players who played on Monday night again, but then they end up paying £10.00 a week in subs, which is a bit much really.

I won't be able to chase any of the above players up myself though, as I am going to be out all day and evening filming more Cup Finals, so basically the first three 'volunteers' to name themselves on here will be in the squad...even if it is a very unfit Scott !!?
If Simon can't play in goal, then we panic !

Kizza and Robin can't play, Nugget 'might do' at the last minute if he feels like it...which he probably won't after a day of window cleaning in this weather !

I texted Simon but have had no reply, so it looks like he is working abroad again.

I haven't tried the others yet, and won't have time to do so until late afternoon.

Erm, I seem to have made an error...I'll have to drop out of tonight's squad, I have to work late again - bit of an all nighter. Sorry about that. I know we are struggling but there's nothing I can do.

have we got a side or not? We've had a season of scratching together a side & now that looks to continue in the 7-a-sides!! Shall I ring Stocky & Ellis-Browne to help us out??

That's fine with me, Conor, but any chance of finding a goalkeeper.

Stocky is playing & will meet there - Haven't heard back from Ellis

Ellis-Brown also in - Lol, what we got now then??

I have been out all morning doing deliveries and using my mobile to get players while I have been out of the office...while Conor has been getting Stocky & Ellis-Browne, which of course I didn't know about !

We therefore now have a squad of 10, but that doesn't include a goalkeeper ! (I have no idea where Simon is).

The squad is now: Conor, Foysol, Kris, Juneka Junior, Terry, Nugget, a mate of Nugget's from work (a 20-year-old who plays for Whitewebbs Reserves on Saturdays), Del (has now confirmed he can get off work, but 'won't get there until 8.45.p.m.'...which probably means 9.00.p.m.), Stocky & Ellis-Browne.

So...what do we do if Simon gets in touch and says he can play ?